Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #81

Default Re: new to rc crawler

Hey everyone, I am very new to rc and crawling but have had a huge interest in real crawling for a few years. Looking to purchase a rig soon, I am looking at the scx10 but have zero experience and am pretty much useless with anything rc... Any advice or tips would be appreciated, glad to be here and learn! Cheers
Saved-wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #82

Can a brushed motor run any esc?
Walker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #83
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker1 View Post
Can a brushed motor run any esc?

Hafta check the instructions for the ESC you want to run, see if it says you can run brushed. In my experience, a vast majority of brushless ESCs can be set up to run brushed motors, but I'm sure there's a few that can't.

If you're asking about brands (such as 'can a Tekin brushed motor be used with a Castle ESC?') So long as the # of turns in your motor is within what your chosen ESC can handle, should be fine to go for it. I can't ever remember having a problem when doing that.

Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #84

Appreciate the help!
Walker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #85

Hi all! I'm new here and new to rock crawling (my model, maverick scout, will be here Friday). I'm starting with a basic model and gonna work my way up. Been flying rc helis for about four years now, flying planes for about fifteen years, and 'playing' with rc cars for longer than I can remember. Currently play with a losi micro sct and a hpi baja, until I get my crawler, and the other half gets the same model, same day, so we can both have a go! I'm looking at turning the cars into scale vehicles and making them pretty! Trying to get info on all aspects, especially where to get scale bodies from for the maverick scout. But, being a professional sculptor, I'm willing to buy a vacuum former and make my own if it comes to it. Anyways, hiya everybody!
Spyk DaBarstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #86

Hey guys, wanting to get into crawling but have a small budget due to spending too much on my bashing buggy. I know that i cannot afford an axial even though that is what a i would like. I am thinking of going with an exceed maxstone 10 for a crawler or going with a tamiya ford bronco kit as a scale trail rig. What do you guys think?
Tgreenwood75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #87
Rock Stacker

Awesome forum. Just got into crawling with a losi MRC. In the Sacramento CA area. Learning a lot on this site it's hard to get your 30 posts cuz all my questions have been answered already in past posts. Thanks for all the info
blackMateria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreenwood75 View Post
Hey guys, wanting to get into crawling but have a small budget due to spending too much on my bashing buggy. I know that i cannot afford an axial even though that is what a i would like. I am thinking of going with an exceed maxstone 10 for a crawler or going with a tamiya ford bronco kit as a scale trail rig. What do you guys think?
Wait save up and get an AX10. It's worth it and will save you money in the long run.
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #89

Hi all.. New to the forum.. Been looking for a bit now.. Very informative and some cool trucks on here.. Are their any others from Australia.. I have a pipe buggy based on a ax10, recently got a trail finder 2 after a long search, very cool and expensive.. Also just aquired a 1/10 summit, also cool.. Anyway just thought id say hi and thanks in advance
claytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #90

North Queensland Mate. Nice to see a local on here. I am new to the forum too. What part of oz are you from? Just got an xr10 to add to the collection (first crawler) have been racing 1/8 & 1/10 scale for a while but loved the look of the technical aspect of 2.2 crawling. Next purchase will be a scaler. Love the amount of information everyone is willing to part with! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
yen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #91

Im in Caboolture, just north of Brisbane.. Not really into racing, have a couple of 1/8 buggys but always come back to the crawlers, I drive a patrol, might have something to do with it.. Very awesome forum
claytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #92

Heloo peps.... New here...happy to come to this forum!!
Marcuspaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #93

I just set up an account and am looking for ways to upgrade my new Wraith Crawler. I've upgraded to an aluminum servo horn and steering links, but my steering servo gears are stripped. I'll need to upgrade gears or a better servo next. Until then, I'm benched.
RocknWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #94

I have an Axial Poison Spyder Wraith and love this thing. It seems like there is a lot of slop in either the transmission or the drive train. This creates a real jerky and hard to control climb. Any ideas on how to tighten it up?
Riptyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #95
I joined the Band!

Hey all just joined up today. currently building my first "crawler" Wraith I decided i wanted to build. been in and out of r/c cars since 83 got interested in crawlers read around this site and decided on the wraith. read Harley's beginner guide he was saying to get around 300 oz/in servo. I found a Turnigy 24.5 kg/cm (340 oz) .11 sec. its "titanium gear & digital. Price seems great $30.us but I would appreciate any input before i order it. Thanks all.

P.S. price is a concern I am on a disability pension
v8taz1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #96
Quarry Creeper

As long as you run an external BEC then it should be fine. For the price it never hurts to try. That is the price of a replacement set of gears for an expensive servo. Not a bad price at all
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #97

hi looking for a club in the abq area of new mexico if there is one please let me know.
pagansinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #98

hi everyone. im wanting to get started in crawling and of you all know im gonna say i am on a budget. can anyone tell me a decent one for decent price or tell me a cheap one that i can mod myself ,
thanks
lkt1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #99

@Cheez, I just bought a Wraith, too, and here's what I've done to it so far:

Metal geared, hi torque steering servo.
55T motor, stock ESC
Pinion 16t, spur 87t
Glued a small nut to the inside of the steering knuckle (sorry, haven't learned the RC Terms yet) as a physical steering stop.
Bushed the tie rod up about 5 mm to increase attack angle
Weighted the front tires with 2.8 oz
Weighted the rear tires with 1.5 oz
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #100

hey guys im new to this forum as well and was wondering how do i create a thread i have some questions about my blitz but dont know how to ask them
kizzblizz is offline   Reply With Quote