Notices

Thread: new to rc crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #101
Proverbial threadkiller

Default Re: new to rc crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzblizz View Post
hey guys im new to this forum as well and was wondering how do i create a thread i have some questions about my blitz but dont know how to ask them
For a Blitz you'd probably be better off over at RCShortCourse.

Click on any Forum Category (such as HPI Blitz), and you should see all the threads in that category. Up at the top left of the page should be a blue button says "New Thread". Click that, put in an eye-catching title, your question in the main body, and let it fly. Easy-peasy.

Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #102

isnt there a how to start a thread thats a sticky?
loc0gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #103

I'm new to rccrawler.

I don't know.i'm new.

Last edited by THX_138; 01-20-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Logan0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #104

I'm new. Picked up a Scorpion off the local CL. Have been reading build threads here for a while and taking that knowledge to building an AX-10. Previous experience with 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale off road. Some touring car as well right at the beginning.
Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #105

Newbie - starting research to see if I dare become addicted. Currently have a 92 Toyota and like to rock crawl. Thought it would be fun to have a scale RC that matches my truck... now off to do some research
snoutdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

I say do it. But a crawler. You will love it.
Fly Krisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #107

Greetings from Connecticut! I have become interested in the sorcery I see the rock crawlers perform at my local track. I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting a scale rig like the SCX10. Glad I was directed to this forum by a posting over at RC Tech.

Take care and have fun.

Last edited by Pyrate Dave; 11-14-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Spelling :-(
Pyrate Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #108

Default My first Post

Hi rccrawler.com,

I'm new to RC Crawlers, but I've dabbled in RC in the past and I currently own a 1:1 crawler and I'm involved in a couple Ultra 4 teams.

I plan to buy a twin hammers soon. I thought I wanted a wraith but when my local hobbytown didn't have a kit in stock I decided to sleep on it, and after doing a little research here I realized that the twin hammers is just what I want. Glad I found this site, expensive mistake avoided!

Can Anyone recommend a good independent RC Shop in Austin, TX?
doubleshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

I've actually been on here for 7 years, just didn't participate too much. I usually hang out on RCU on the RC Tank forums....big into WWII. I have a 3yr old son who loves to watch rc crawling videos, so I am back into this genre of the hobby. I have a original AX10 with a X-Trail chassis, and I just picked up a wraith kit. In the coming months (hopefully) I will post up some builds. The plans are to build a wroncho modeled after "Mechanics" which is a huge inspiration. And the wraith will have the ax10 axles for my son. So anyway hello and happy holidays.

Cheers,
Wade
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #110

I use an old e-maxx body on my mad torque. You can pretty much fit any 1/10th monster truck body on it pretty easy. Hope this helps!
rcguru2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #111
Rock Stacker

Hi, I've been a member for years but mostly just viewed the boards from time to time. I dusted off my Losi Micro Crawler, fried the electronics and picked up a used Trail Treker as a donor.

Turns out my wife enjoys RC too. Now she always wants to take the LMC on hikes with us so we can crawl the always rooty rocky mountain bike trails around here.

Now that we would like 2 trucks I'm going to use the electronics out of my Micro High Roller I don't use to get the Trail Trekker rolling again.

After having a blast bashing a friend's RWD Slash around his yard we both like the idea of something like it in the near future. It will be my first large scale truck I'm a hard core mountain biker and ride a 6" All Mountain bike that climbs the local trails as well as it goes down them. I want an All Mountain RC truck to use on the Same trails.

It does not need to be a crawler it just has to be capable of climbing the very rugged rooty and rocky terrain going up and fast enough to jump drops up to knee high on the way down. There are also a host of rugged ladder bridges, skinnies, launches and gap jumps for a combo of truck trials and jump driving challenges.

The ideal Vancouver North Shore All Mountain RC, AMRC, is probably a Traxxas Summit but the cost is out of the question. After seeing what the Emaxx can do on RC-Hiking I'm thinking a used Emaxx or a new Red Cat Racing Volcano EXP available locally RTR for 169.00 would be a great starter truck. This price range will allow me to get the truck and necessary batteries and hobby class charger I need to get started.
davemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #112

Smile Re: new to rc crawler

Hi @ all,

my name is Soeren, i'm 40 and new here from the eastern middle of Germany. I join rockcrawler.de since 4 years now and sometimes I were here for some research. After ZZR 1100 Racer wrote about the "Crawl for Penelope" story I decided to register here.
I've got an Tamiya Subaru BRAT, an AX10 Sportsman/Shafty rig, a Gmade R1 with Ansmann axles, a Losi Micro Crawler with Pinch chassis and a 1/20 Customcuts/Lindberg/Losi GMC Truck with Caravan.

Together with some other ladies and guys from Saxony and Thuringia we are a community of interest called Eastside Crawlerz.

Last edited by s03r3n; 01-03-2014 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Added links to extern build threads
s03r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #113

hello guys! just bought my first crawler and real RC a couple of days ago. So far it's so addicting trying to get it personalized. the scale accessories are awesome comparable to my other hobby of 1:6 scale figures. I think I found a new addiction and should stop the other.

Cheers!
rovot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovot View Post
hello guys! just bought my first crawler and real RC a couple of days ago. So far it's so addicting trying to get it personalized. the scale accessories are awesome comparable to my other hobby of 1:6 scale figures. I think I found a new addiction and should stop the other.

Cheers!
Welcome. You should make your 1/6 scale figures part of this hobby and build you a 1/6 Willys Jeep.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #115

hello everyone!
I have been into various forms of R/C for the past 20 years....have a collection of cars , trucks and boats....bought my first rock crawler back in 2007... for me and my son, the large Nylint crawler Jeeps.. they were bone stock but surprisingly fun.
I have wanted a real crawler for several years, so I just bought my first used crawler in December. Its an AX10.
I look forward to learning about these vehicles and making new friends along the way.
I am wanting to build a scale crawler with serious attention to detail, kinda like the awesome old school Toyotas I've seen on YouTube. I have an awesome old stock Rover body I bought from the UK a few years back, would love to make it as realistic as possible.( I love the rare and unusual) ,and an old aluminum bruiser frame for the chassis. interested to see how this project works out!
I appreciate any feedback from you guys that may help me out and avoid newbie mistakes along the way.
Have a great new year!
boxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #116

Hello everyone. I currently own a ECX Torment 1/10 and a 1:1 Crawler. Looking forward to get into the scale/crawlers. Hope to learn well here. Thanks.
cyclops13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #117

Has any one else bought one of the new vaterra slick rock crawlers?
SLYKY09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #118

Hi, new here. I do full size off roading and is getting expensive. Thought I would go to RC to get the same thrill in my own backyard without the expense of fuel, park fees, broken parts, long drives, and rockrashes.
Havent bought a RC yet but am looking at a SCX-10 Crawler style and eventually getting a Cherokee body and paint to match the full size one I drive.
I dont know much about RC, but I hope to pick up a lot here.
XJX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
Welcome. You should make your 1/6 scale figures part of this hobby and build you a 1/6 Willys Jeep.
Thanks Willys,

I have a Jeep Rescue Toy RC i used for diorama's, RC's in 1/6 are huge though, storage problem it will be.

a Willy's RC Jepp will look awesome I can imagine.
rovot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #120

hey everybody just joined & I'm looking to get into crawling. i have had a few rc's overtime a desert truck, stampede & a rustler. but now i want a crawler/trail truck, not for comp just for fun. I've been looking at the Axial Ridgecrest or the twin hammers.
Ringmaster82 is offline   Reply With Quote