Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial SCX10 CF100 vs Trail Honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #1

Default Axial SCX10 CF100 vs Trail Honcho?

So im gonna get rod of my slash 4x4 to get into scale crawling (the mrs. has set a limit of 4 RC cars at a time so one's got to go
Ive got my mind made up on an SCX10 but not sure whats the difference between the CF100 model and Trail Honcho model. I see they have different wheelbases, is that the only difference between the 2? Will bodies made for an SCX10 fit either of them or do I have to match the wheelbase of the body with the wheelbase of the chassis? I have so many other questions, Ill take them one at a time though.
jasons36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The CF100 body will be too short for the Honcho wheel base. Honcho gives you a bunch of extras not included with the CF100 like spare tire, light buckets, rear tube cage, front bumper. I already have the CF100 and just got my Honcho kit today so don't know all the differences yet but I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #3

How easy is it to convert a Trail Honcho to a CF100 wheelbase? Which one would be the better crawler?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

If you go with the trail honcho, and not the regular honcho, you will also get plastic links instead of the aluminum ones that come in the kit. All the scx10s are basically the same base. The honchos do have a bit longer wheelsbase, and have 98mm front and 106mm rear links, as apposed to the other scx kits which have 91mm links front and rear.
ricerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerscott View Post
If you go with the trail honcho, and not the regular honcho, you will also get plastic links instead of the aluminum ones that come in the kit. All the scx10s are basically the same base. The honchos do have a bit longer wheelsbase, and have 98mm front and 106mm rear links, as apposed to the other scx kits which have 91mm links front and rear.
is the longer wheelbase beneficial for rock crawling?