Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Getting ready to buy my frist crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
DRN
Pebble Pounder

Talking Getting ready to buy my frist crawler

Well I am not new to RC but I am new to crawling in scale form. I got my first RC way back when.... I think it was '85 I think it was, graduation from 6th grade (yeah im old!). And its been an obsession since. I have been all over the place with cars and trucks, electric and nitro. My problem is I haven't touched an RC for at least 4 years. So I am a bit out of touch on what is the latest and greatest.

So I am looking at the scx-10 honcho. I want something scale as I really like the looks of them. I have a radio from a previous car that I am going to use. So I am in the market to get the truck, esc, motor, batteries and charger. First thought was going to get he RTC Scx-10. but after looking at it I always want a little better. So now I am going with the kit form as I want to know how it goes together and what makes it tick. I am leaning towards the Tekin FXR crawler with the 35t pro motor. I want the thing to have the drag brake that I have been reading about. Also looking at going with a Lipo battery as I want the longer run times and better performance out of the thing. As far as the charger I am looking at the Triton EQ. I am fortunate enough to live within about 30 minutes of CKRC in Reno so that will more then likely be where I get all my stuff from.

So what are some other things I should look at getting down the line? I want the suspension to work like a real rig. Should I put weights in the rims right off the bat? I "think" I want to keep it looking scale as much as possible for the time being. But I am not going to go over board with the accessories. Thanks! Looking forward to some help and replies.
DRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links