Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: CLASSIFIEDS - A How To Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notpalc View Post
Do you have to have an account to see the classifieds? How do I get an account?
Read the FIRST post of this thread!
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

OK, I may be missing something simple, but I have over 30 posts and have been on for more than 30 days, but I am not seeing the classifids. (?)
rockunlimited2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockunlimited2 View Post
OK, I may be missing something simple, but I have over 30 posts and have been on for more than 30 days, but I am not seeing the classifids. (?)

its not an instant change over, the system has to reconize that you have been here and made usefull posts (the system being the admin) give it a few days tops and u should be good to go... how ever if u bought a star
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

I will have to buy a star! Looks like I will be crawling for a while the 2yr old loves it! By the way this looks like a good place to post this!
hogmansp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogmansp View Post
I will have to buy a star! Looks like I will be crawling for a while the 2yr old loves it! By the way this looks like a good place to post this!
My 2 yo loved it too...especially when I crawled OVER her! Funny sh!t. She would just lay down, and say "Drive over me!" lol.
Mayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #26

Not telling you guys how to run your forum (I wouldn't dare), but wouldn't it make more sense to show the sales topics to new members (no matter how many posts they have) as well... then newbies can maybe get some stuff cheaper to get started and the sellers are happy to since they made a sale, seems to me like a win-win situation.

Of course placing a sale thread should only be available to members with a minimum number of posts to avoid the forum being flooded...
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #27
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Not telling you guys how to run your forum (I wouldn't dare), but wouldn't it make more sense to show the sales topics to new members (no matter how many posts they have) as well... then newbies can maybe get some stuff cheaper to get started and the sellers are happy to since they made a sale, seems to me like a win-win situation.

Of course placing a sale thread should only be available to members with a minimum number of posts to avoid the forum being flooded...
The rules are in place to deter scammers. Scammers show up in the form of buyers also and not just sellers. RCC has tried having the classifieds open to every new member and it was a mess.

RCC does this because it is a small way to help protect it's members, not because it is a money making plan.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #28

Ok, it's clear :-)
Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

it would be nice for everyone to be able to see the classifieds, i spend alot of time looking at craigslist and ebay and there are great deals there. scammers will be scammers, but for those of us who are looking for something from someone with a good report, this could be the place... thinking out loud
krono7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krono7s View Post
it would be nice for everyone to be able to see the classifieds, i spend alot of time looking at craigslist and ebay and there are great deals there. scammers will be scammers, but for those of us who are looking for something from someone with a good report, this could be the place... thinking out loud
this will solve that problem for you

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules

go down to the Supporting Member Information and click on "Member Info"
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
LOL, I would like to see a poll on how many people whom are newbies actually read this.
I'm brand new and read it.

Hypnotik Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #32

my life would have been much simpler if I had to wait 30 days for all my purchases.

However a look but don't touch (buy) would bee nice too

Gary
BLUSABER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #33
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUSABER View Post
my life would have been much simpler if I had to wait 30 days for all my purchases.

However a look but don't touch (buy) would bee nice too

Gary
If guys were allowed to "look but don't touch" what would stop a scammer from contacting the seller and scamming them? That's the whole reason for the rule.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #34

And now you have noobs posting the dumbest things just to get to 30... :p

(I'm referring to a recent post in the CC section, someone telling somebody to use the search, in an old thread)

Last edited by Cornholio; 06-01-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

ok guys i would like to buy a star but i cant seem to find where i can. can sum one please help me i have been a member on here for quite sum time but i mainly just look at all the great work that gets done on here an i dont post a hell of a lot
jetdog racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #36
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdog racing View Post
ok guys i would like to buy a star but i cant seem to find where i can. can sum one please help me i have been a member on here for quite sum time but i mainly just look at all the great work that gets done on here an i dont post a hell of a lot
Clicky here!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I'm a bit puzzled about the "useful post" definitions. Are all the posts on the first page of this thread "useful". A can of coke? People saying I read it, I didn't???? My 1st post was about buying a RCmagazine that was listed and discussed in a thread, 2nd post comment about a Scale Rig and ask how they painted it, 3rd post ask about digital magazines - but I only have 1 post against my name???

Looks like I won't be supporting any fellow crawlers and buying their stuff.... I am the type of person to research threads rather than make a post/ask a question that has already been discussed/answered. So it's going to take me quite a while to get to 30 posts.

Is this a useful post?

From a long term on road racer, looking to get into Crawling.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #38
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
I'm a bit puzzled about the "useful post" definitions. Are all the posts on the first page of this thread "useful". A can of coke? People saying I read it, I didn't???? My 1st post was about buying a RCmagazine that was listed and discussed in a thread, 2nd post comment about a Scale Rig and ask how they painted it, 3rd post ask about digital magazines - but I only have 1 post against my name???
A "useful" post is one that contains some kind of information that is of use to others. The mods can adjust your post count as they see fit, and are especially fond of doing it to those who try to get to 30 by posting "nice truck!!!" over and over again.

Quote:
Looks like I won't be supporting any fellow crawlers and buying their stuff.... I am the type of person to research threads rather than make a post/ask a question that has already been discussed/answered. So it's going to take me quite a while to get to 30 posts.
If you're in a rush to get to the for sale section, buy a star and support the site! There is also alot going on in the vendors section, which you do not need any special privileges to access.

Thats great that you are taking the time to read and research things. Half of the noobs around here can't quite grasp that concept.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Is this a useful post?

From a long term on road racer, looking to get into Crawling.
This is a fair question; it is one I can kind of relate to, as I'm more of a reader than a poster - I do tons of reading.

Not all sections of this forum that you post in will count toward your Post Count (Chit Chat, for example, because those are all pointless posts!).

The "useful" requirement is to prevent internet ninjas from saying things like "Looks great" as a response to a 6 page build thread (which is why it's 30 posts & 30 days)... "Looks great" is nice to say and all - but in that case, a little effort can be made to be specific, ask specific question(s) about the rig/build, share a similar experience about something mentioned, etc.

Your was a useful post; don't forget it's also 30 days. Try and be patient. Take the time to do your reading, asking some questions while you wait - you're going to learn so much it will behoove you to let it soak in before you start spending money on crawlers.

I hated hearing the "buy a star and support the forum" sales pitch when I was new because I felt like I was being sold a car before I had even looked at everything being offered...but it really is worth it, IMO.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

got over 30 posts, and today is my one month point,,, im in need of soem used parts, when does this magical classifids show up? lol

first rule of classifieds, dont talk about classifieds!! lol
jbeane is offline   Reply With Quote