Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: What is the draw to vanquish products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2021, 10:12 PM   #1

Default What is the draw to vanquish products?

I’m new so, serious question. Where is the value with vanquish crawlers? I’ve seen a bunch of crawlers that are much better looking (scale wise) than the vanquish vehicles. I think I’m missing something. Anyone care to fill me in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2021, 10:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What is the draw to vanquish products?

Pretty simple explanation, quality, fit n finish. They make some of the highest quality upgrades for a lot of other makes of rigs so it’s only fitting they built a kit of their own. If I’m not mistaken They were one of the first “scale” trucks with a forward motor mounted trans with a dig option.
The next truck I buy for an every day rig will be a vs4-10 pro. I’ve spent a lot of money building rigs. When it’s all said n done, you’re not that far behind a vanquish kit.
As far as upgrade parts, there’s other options but vanquish is some of the highest quality stuff so you pay for it.
No fan boy here, I buy what I can afford for what I need at the time.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yup, all that and not only do they make fine quality, made in USA parts out of aluminum but more often than not they're better than the parts they're replacing in design and function.

If you want hyper scale grab rc4wd but we warned their stuff is not known for being durable but it's pretty to look at.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 08-17-2021 at 11:58 PM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:37 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

SSD makes excellent stuff as well, and the SSD Trail King is a sweet package deal - you pick your own body, and wheels and tires (and of course the electronics).

It even has a scale engine.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:53 AM   #5
RCC Addict

US Company with a majority of items made here in the states.

They have good licensing with the Currie gear. Thats a premium thing these days.
Plus their gear is pretty much scaled down 1:1 for the most part.

but out of the box, you get full metal Axle housings, and currie licensed ones at that. the metal is high quality whether it is aluminum or steel parts.
Modled plastic items seem to also be good/high quality.
And while thebody isn't the best looking, without some licensing, its hard to do anything too 'Scale' bodywise.

Dont own a Vanquish, Just bought by first Vanquist item a few weeks back. A Yeti XL "Currry" sway bar hoping it would work on my Ryft.
It doesn't. Arms are too short. But it's really nice piece. Finish is top notch as is the laser etching. Pricey? Yes>

But without uS Companies like Vanquish? Who would the Chinese companies like Integy steal parts via and cut copy and paste the market with used to be cheap, but not not so cheap, cheap knock off junk from Communist China, putting the good Innovative uS Companies that actually design better/new gear for us to play toy trucks with, out of business.

jm2c.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Because, when you’ve got your rig all vanquished out, the panties just start dropping!
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Everybody summed it up pretty well already. High quality parts, US based company that does a lot of manufacturing in Sacramento, and if you’re the type of person that appreciates having a rig with higher quality parts, their kits are a good value. And there are a lot of details in their designs that show they are true enthusiasts always looking to improve.

That doesn’t mean you can’t have a low-budget rig that provides you with hours of enjoyment, and it certainly doesn’t mean there aren’t other good companies making quality products.

I probably wouldn’t recommend a vs410 as a first vehicle, but once you’ve built a few kits or modded some rtr’s, you can fully appreciate what goes into them.
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:12 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
Because, when you’ve got your rig all vanquished out, the panties just start dropping!
Usually so you can buy more parts with the ole ladies permission though...
"Rock Jock Axles? Better drop'm to your ankles son."
Wifeys got her OWN NEW TOY for you to try out and see if it fits. lol

BUAHHAHAHAAHAHHA
Old 08-19-2021, 07:04 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
tell them fanboys to pull there pants up no one wants to see that lol
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:22 AM   #10

Nice. I didn’t realize they are a US company. Super nice stuff!

nsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:19 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Everybody summed it up pretty well already. High quality parts, US based company that does a lot of manufacturing in Sacramento, and if you’re the type of person that appreciates having a rig with higher quality parts, their kits are a good value. And there are a lot of details in their designs that show they are true enthusiasts always looking to improve.

That doesn’t mean you can’t have a low-budget rig that provides you with hours of enjoyment, and it certainly doesn’t mean there aren’t other good companies making quality products.

I probably wouldn’t recommend a vs410 as a first vehicle, but once you’ve built a few kits or modded some rtr’s, you can fully appreciate what goes into them.

I am beginning to wonder if CA is still part of the USA.

I also like SSD things.

I would by more Vanquish stuff but they seem to often be out of stock on what I want.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Can’t personally speak in regards to Vanquish vehicles or upgrade rc parts, but I recently bought a set of their hex drivers after 2 of my MIP drivers tips snapped off. DEFINITELY an upgrade over the MIPs. Just the feel of the tool in your hand makes the MIP drivers feel like something Harbor Freight would give you for free with a $10 purchase. Bonus, they offer replacement tips if you ever do wear one out.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:01 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

A few years back I bought a VP part for my XR10 and it just did not fit correctly. They sent me three more, and all parts had the same issue. Finally, I get a call from them saying a whole batch of these parts had a small machining error. Two days later another of these parts arrived in the mail that fit perfectly. They offered to send me something for free, I declined, there was a problem, they found it and fixed it, and sent me the part I paid for, I was happy.

What is the point of this? Simple, not only are you paying for quality parts made in the US, but you are also paying for excellent customer service that is rarely seen in any hobby. Today I am running more Element and Traxxas rigs than Axial, so there are not many VP parts for me to use from VP; and they don't have that many parts for my Capra. But if they did, I would have VP parts in areas where I needed high reliability.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:58 AM   #14

Is the Vanquish trans that much better?
Craigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigeo View Post
Look how low and forward the vfd trans puts the motor!
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:13 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigeo View Post

It maybe isn’t better for everything, but,

6.5% o/d stock, available 21% gear set available
T-case points for sorrca
Low and forward motor position
Available dig option
Offset front output (good or bad depending on axle choice)
Reasonable price point
Looks good

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

And as an added bonus Josh from Vanquish hosts several great shows on YT. Check out Harley Designs Every week he posts Scale News Update (SNU) Tuesday mornings with the latest news in RC then on Wednesday he and Matt from Scale Builders Guild (SBG) do a live show and have interesting building competitions and Friday night (Friday Night Live) is a live show where Josh and his wife Nicole build or work on RC trucks. Josh shares a lot of his expertise in building and setting up a variety of Axial and other brands of vehicles. From electronics like ESCs, motors, batteries and radios to wheels and tires/foams.

Vanquish built there epic crawler the Ripper (all metal) a few years back (search his channel for videos). Very limited production made these very desirable and go for $10,000 or more if you can find someone who will part with theirs.

They really do make very capable high quality crawler/crawlers and parts . Lots of design and engineering goes into these hence the price tag. The parts they manufacture for other brands of rigs are machined from highest grade materials and the licensed parts like Method Wheels and Curry axels really make a rig stand out. Their transmissions are designed to have a low center of gravity making the rig a stable crawler.

Go and check it out for yourself, you'll see what I'm talking about!
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #18
RCC Addict

When they drop items of this quality.....

The Vitavon and Treal Ryft Axles are nice, don't get me wrong. THey look good. Though..................................

Im not sure what the price will be.
Vitavons are 160 for each axle. Treals are 129 and 139 for the F and R axles.

But after seeing today's drop on the new Vanquish Axle housing for the Ryft, Even if its a fair bit more expensive than the china company options, they'll be worth it.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:00 PM   #19
Keep it real

Always worth the price for the top notch machining, customer service, made in the USA, innovative products and so much more. I toured their facility back in 08 when I was a Team Driver, and I’ll tell you, in every kind of part they produce they are top of the line and put in the extra effort, be it paintball guns(has to be the utmost accuracy and precision for them), high end surgery tools, and so much more, definitely a company worth supporting
I can only imagine what it looks like today, I’m sure I’d be blown away if I had to chance to visit again
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #20

Not a fanboi either, just relating my first-hand experience.

If you've ever seen one perform on the rocks you'd know. My brother has a pro and an ultra, loves the pro. The rest of the group has TRXs and SCX10-iis. No doubt the "stock" vanquish kicked our butts on the rocks. Started a wave of everyone upgrading and adding brass just to keep up with the stock vanquishes...
Now the rest of the group (myself included) has either flat rails or are heavily invested in brass. Yeah, my brother has added some brass rings to the wheels and some scalerfab bumpers but really hasn't gone crazy with mods and still does everything the rest of the group can do.

I did, finally, have a chance to run the ultra on the rocks myself a few weeks back. Had radio or ESC issues in the parking lot so I opted to abuse his RC for the day. Nice rig it was, but I'm not going to buy one anytime soon.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote

What is the draw to vanquish products? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limited Quantity Available for PRE ORDER Vanquish Products Products VS4-10. RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-08-2018 05:15 PM
Vanquish products CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-11-2015 02:11 PM
Vanquish Products busa1320 Axial SCX-10 4 12-17-2014 04:10 AM
Vanquish Products CKRC Hobbies CKRC Hobbies 0 07-30-2014 11:18 PM