Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: So I picked something up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #1

Default So I picked something up!

I received all of my birthday money yesterday and was ready to hit the hobby shop today. I decided to check Craigslist last night before going to bed when I saw what appeared to be a pretty good deal. I've posted some pix in the last posts of this thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...=1#post2406738

and in order to save space, don't need to post them again. If I should post them here, please let me know. I believe it started life as an Axial AX10 crawler, but has been heavily modified. Here are some pix that I don't think I posted over there in the other thread:

Any details you'd like, let me know! Also, as I asked in the other posting, let me know what you think this is worth on the CL market, I'd like to see if I got a decent deal.
muphasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Suck it up!

At best thats a $200 truck. Its not heavily modified at all. Other than the wheel extenders, motor, esc, reciever and body, it looks pretty stock.

Those servos are pretty cheap and weak. 49 oz isn't much to turn the wheels of a crawler.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 04-13-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

only mods i see are the novak rosster and motor.200$ sounds about right for it.
wouldnt be a bad deal for 150 tho.
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #4

so the aluminum linkage or whatever it is called was stock too? I didn't get a smokin deal then, but I didn't over pay either.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #5

and 4 wheel steering was stock too? I guess I didn't do enough research since I didn't think 4 wheel steering was stock.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muphasta View Post
so the aluminum linkage or whatever it is called was stock too? I didn't get a smokin deal then, but I didn't over pay either.
Quote:
and 4 wheel steering was stock too? I guess I didn't do enough research since I didn't think 4 wheel steering was stock.
Thats just the green kit, nothing special. The 4 wheel steering is optional and is locked out when the truck is new. The knuckles were already there, just have to add a servo and linkage to make it work. Thats not comp legal btw...if you plan on comping with it the rear steer will have to go away.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Thats just the green kit, nothing special. The 4 wheel steering is optional and is locked out when the truck is new. The knuckles were already there, just have to add a servo and linkage to make it work. Thats not comp legal btw...if you plan on comping with it the rear steer will have to go away.
yeah, not gonna comp w/it. I got it as a basher and for my kid to play with it along w/me.

The radio and 2 servos, another receiver, and some other wheels came w/it too.

Did you follow the link to my other post? Just asking because are you saying the truck itself is worth $150-$200 or the entire package?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
yeah, not gonna comp w/it. I got it as a basher and for my kid to play with it along w/me.

The radio and 2 servos, another receiver, and some other wheels came w/it too.

Did you follow the link to my other post? Just asking because are you saying the truck itself is worth $150-$200 or the entire package?
I saw the other post after I made the $200 estimate. My price still stands. Typically rc resale values are 50% of their retail if they are lightly used. Considering the ax10 kit costs $200, $100 for motor and esc, $60 worth of servos, $30 for the body, $50 for the radio, $25 for the wheel wideners, and maybe another $50 for the other stuff. That adds up to $515 if it was all bought new. Other than the truck, motor/esc, its all cheap entry level stuff. You've got a good start though.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I saw the other post after I made the $200 estimate. My price still stands. Typically rc resale values are 50% of their retail if they are lightly used. Considering the ax10 kit costs $200, $100 for motor and esc, $60 worth of servos, $30 for the body, $50 for the radio, $25 for the wheel wideners, and maybe another $50 for the other stuff. That adds up to $515 if it was all bought new. Other than the truck, motor/esc, its all cheap entry level stuff. You've got a good start though.
Cool, thanks for the input. Not a smokin deal, but I didn't over pay either.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #10

dont be discouraged. it looks like an axial ax10 scorpion. the rear steering is a blast, but as stated before, is not comp legal. since you just got it, i wouldnt think you were going to enter a comp this weekend. there are a lot of things you can do to modify this truck to be a rock killer though, and most are cheap or free. with a little time and work it could become a great truck. i love mine. this truck run about $250.00 w/o controller and electronics. and it doesnt come with the kick @$$ tj body either. have fun with it, you got a good deal.
muddyninja1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #11

my replacement should be here this week since this one got run over.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

What were you doing to get it run over?
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
RCC Addict

That's why you don't wheel in parking lots.......
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #14
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
my replacement should be here this week since this one got run over.

Mall crawler.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote