Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: More Upgrades!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Default More Upgrades!

So i've been building like crazy on my SCX10 TR and so far i have:

-Made Metal Links(6mm Brake line, 3/32 all thread, drilled out SCX10 supplied End links.)
-4-link front and rear(supplied 4 link trusses)
-Used the stock Servo Mount to move the Servo to the Chassis.
-Shortened the bumpers for better approach angle and clearance.
-Vented and added 4oz of plumbers solder to the wheels.
-Added headlight buckets and LED's from 2, 99cent flash lights from harbor freight.
-Added Axial Light kit also.
-Moved electrical and ESC box to the back so I could get the battery in the front and low to the chassis.
-Made tiny little bungee cords while I was waiting for glue to dry.

For my next act I want to get some different shocks to give a little more travel. I know, I know, "use the search button". I have and I have gotten a lot of "proline scale shocks FTW".
What im looking for is some advice on what size to run under this thing with soft springs and light weight oil. I want something scale looking also. Stock length is 90mm and the LHS has a set of 100mm and 110mm what would be better or if anyone has any better idea please chime in. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by RocketRanger88; 04-20-2010 at 10:25 PM.
RocketRanger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #2

Nobody has any input?! with all the SCX10's out there has no one changed shocks and has no idea what size would be a decent upgrade?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well not owning one i would tell you travel is not always whats needed. A MRC for instance have 80* or more out of the box if you want it. Most guys limit it to about 45* so its controllable. Now for shocks 10mm is a decent size jump. I seen some guys running losi 4" shocks i beleive on theres. Not that helpful but atleast i replied...

Cole
JOMJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I would check out the Proline powerstroke shocks.
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #5

Thanks guys I appreciate the input.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #6

i'm putting some t-maxx aluminum shocks on mine. tired of the axial ones leaking, and i'm never going to run the maxx again. stock scx springs will fit and work well. shocks are a little longer than stock. adding one spring spacer keeps the springs from falling off the lowers, with almost zero preload.
roundeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRanger88 View Post
So i've been building like crazy on my SCX10 TR and so far i have:

-Made Metal Links(6mm Brake line, 3/32 all thread, drilled out SCX10 supplied End links.)
-4-link front and rear(supplied 4 link trusses)
-Used the stock Servo Mount to move the Servo to the Chassis.
-Shortened the bumpers for better approach angle and clearance.
-Vented and added 4oz of plumbers solder to the wheels.
-Added headlight buckets and LED's from 2, 99cent flash lights from harbor freight.
-Added Axial Light kit also.
-Moved electrical and ESC box to the back so I could get the battery in the front and low to the chassis.
-Made tiny little bungee cords while I was waiting for glue to dry.

For my next act I want to get some different shocks to give a little more travel. I know, I know, "use the search button". I have and I have gotten a lot of "proline scale shocks FTW".
What im looking for is some advice on what size to run under this thing with soft springs and light weight oil. I want something scale looking also. Stock length is 90mm and the LHS has a set of 100mm and 110mm what would be better or if anyone has any better idea please chime in. Thanks in advance guys.

Especially photos of the Cheapo headlight mod

P.S. Get the Pro-Line Scaler shocks (90-95mm) or if you want a little more length and travel, the Axial 103mm aluminum comp shocks or the Losi 4" rock crawler shock set.

Last edited by GP40X; 04-26-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to stay on topic, added shock info
GP40X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #8

I'll get some pics up as soon as I buy another camera, the last one stopped working after a 40 foot roll down a hill at little moab... I wonder why.
Thanks for the input on the shocks. One of the guys that I think lives at the LHS (doesn't work there he's just always there) has taken me under his wing and actually had a set of the Pro-Line Scaler shocks (90-95mm) he let me put them on and run them for a couple days.
It was better but not quite what i wanted, so i went ahead and ordered a set of RC4WD 110mm dual spring scale shocks. SO hopefully they will get here soon so I can maybe be happy with them lol.