RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Can't wait (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/249518-cant-wait.html)

cbtu0914 05-13-2010 10:24 PM

Can't wait

I can't wait, my ax10 rtr is supposed to be here sometime tomorrow, ordered it from tower last friday. I also ordered a integy 65t lathe motor to start with. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow though, but I'm gonna be 24hrs at the station so :cry:. Oh well the wife might bring it out to me when it gets here if it comes at a decent hour. Already have some packs charged and ready to go. Just thought I'd post up and say hey.

gunatrytocrawl 05-14-2010 06:05 AM

post some pic's and let us know how it work's out for you"thumbsup"

NorCalScaleCrawlers 05-15-2010 12:27 AM

nice i love getting cool things in the mail like new crawlers hope everything goes well and have fun with your new addiction

cbtu0914 05-15-2010 03:37 PM

Got it, opened it up this morning and gave it a spin, then started working on it, so far all I've done is put the 65t lathe motor in it, 6oz to front and 4.5oz to rear tires, and slapped a preload spacer on LR to temporarily lessen the TT (gonna 4-link it soon.) And I picked up a hyperion 1300mah 2s lipo (have a losi esc with lvc that's going on it soon.) Now I just have to wait until next week to go lipo (lhs out of lipo chargers, but bought a battery because it was a killer deal.) So far I am pretty happy, probably going to get a 45t lathe for it to get a little more wheel speed outta it. I'll slap some pics up soon.

norbyx 05-15-2010 04:34 PM

congratulations, and welcome to the adiction that is crawling. Soon you will have more than one ....jejeje.

Have fun ....

dubAron 05-15-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbyx (Post 2456003)
congratulations, and welcome to the adiction that is crawling. Soon you will have more than one ....jejeje.

Have fun ....

Your right I started with a rtr and now I got five rigs.

Jkelley 05-15-2010 05:39 PM

howd you like the 65t....slow aint it. But unstoppable

norbyx 05-15-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubAron (Post 2456068)
Your right I started with a rtr and now I got five rigs.

Well I started with a Crawler king a few months ago and look at my signature now....:lmao::lmao:

cbtu0914 05-15-2010 07:04 PM

65t is very slow, but tons of torque, I'm gonna play with the gearing some to get just a little more wheel speed outta it. This is my first hobby grade crawler, I started with a 1/6 and 1/18 scale nylint crawlers back when there was a nylint section on this board, 1/6 was all stock-still have it, the 1/18 had electronics I borrowed from a vendetta and was about as heavily modded as you could get with those, but then along came kids and I took a sabatical, back in the swing of things now and already planning my first round of mods for this thing. Also into the go fast ones, had a rustler and vendetta back in the day, then got back into it with a crt .5, now I have a losi stike sct and the ax-10. This board is full of great people and great info by the way. Thanks for the encouraging words.