Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Brushless question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Brushless question

I have a Traxxas VXL. Starting to build a scaler. If I added a 4:1 gear reduction, from RC4WD, and a 2.18:1 transfer case, also from RC4WD would it give me decent torque?
roro72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

That motor is pretty torquey when you look at it from 3s. I had one in my ax10 and it was fast. With your reductions it should be ok. But, get rid of vxl esc for sidewinder. I use my vxl for brushed motors, and the sidewinder/vxl motor combo is killer in any 1/10 rc!!!
My opinion
Hvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You will get more torque than you know what to do with . Watch for hanging the tires because you will break stuff ! With the VXL system you will still see decent wheel speed also . Only thing is , with the VXL esc you will see a little jumpiness on the bottom end . If you can trade off or buy new then go for a Mamba Max Pro . It has better options for crawling but still allows for low turn motors . I run a Mamba Max Pro with 4600kv on 2cell lipo and a 8:1 turn down . Let me just say torque and wheel speed are not a problem . I broke an axle just taking off at full throttle once on 3cell so I only run 2cell now .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the input.
roro72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The mamba pro is a great ESC but overkill for 3s and a velineon motor. The sidewinder will give you the same benefits and be much easier on the pocket book.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
The mamba pro is a great ESC but overkill for 3s and a velineon motor. The sidewinder will give you the same benefits and be much easier on the pocket book.
True , however the Pro is much more versatile and can be used with other RCs if you happen to have them . The sidewinder is great but the Pro is better . If its a budget issue go with the sidewinder . If you can afford it though , the Pro is the way to go . No turn limit gives you many more options . Just MHO .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote