Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: axial running gear.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #1

Default axial running gear.

Hi all i need some help with my axial tr, i need to change the gearing so that i will have more control over my rig what size pinnions etc should i use?
sami_rock king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I assume you want less speed and more torque . I would go with a smaller pinion . Start with a couple less teeth . Also you can go for a larger spur gear . Better electronics will give you smoother control especially on the bottom end . Are you running the stock motor ? If so you can swap out for a 35 turn motor . Its a little slower than the 27 but it has more torque and much smoother throttle . If you want to keep the speed then go for the better electronics . This way you can run more voltage on a higher turn motor and get the same wheel speed and more torque with the added benefit of bottom end control . 11.1v on a 35 turn will still be fast and way stronger . Hope this helps Remember to use the search feature .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Ya can try lower gears or higher turn motor for better low speed control at the cost of speed, but the real problem is the stock speed controller. Upgrading the esc will improve lowspeed control plus providing drag brake and instant reverse. Even a rc4wd outcry will be an improvement.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Ya can try lower gears or higher turn motor for better low speed control at the cost of speed, but the real problem is the stock speed controller. Upgrading the esc will improve lowspeed control plus providing drag brake and instant reverse. Even a rc4wd outcry will be an improvement.
X2, but if you're on a really tight budget, the cheapest instant gratification would be a higher turn motor. 35t or 45t motor will be a great improvement.
I guarantee that you'll feel the need to upgrade the esc in the near future though. Just fyi.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote