Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: SCX10 TR Wheel base change!!????????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #1

Default SCX10 TR Wheel base change!!????????

Hey guys i just got a tamiya '73 bronco body for my scx10 tr. I trimmed the body lat night and saw how much shorter it is than the stock body. I knew it was shorter but the wheel base is off nearly an inch now. but still another problem is that the frame sticks out past the front and rear of the body about an inch each way with out the bumpers installed.

I made the rear a 4 link but i cut about 3/4" out of the stock bottom links and put 6-32 threaded rod between the two pieces to adjust the length and get my wheel base shorter....still working on it though. Should i shorten both front and rear links to make the wheel base match up? and should i shorten the frame so as to not have it sticking out past the body?

Thanks and your help is appreciated

anyone running the Tamiya '73 ford bronco body have pics of what they did?

Nick
nghscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Powered by Awesome

i had the honcho and had to shorten the links to match up with the proline body. i just ordered new links off of ebay for like 10 bucks. i dont remember where it is but if you search for axial scx wheelbase - someone went through and did the match on link lenghts and wheelbase options using multiple stock link lenghts.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #3

I would definately shorten both front and rear links so you can keep your weight distribution equal. As for the frame, I went with an aftermarket Axial Scorpion frame so I could get rid of the bulky and very long stock scx10 frame. You could just cut the frame to fit and you should be able to move your lights and cross members back to fit.
aggloader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
73 bronco, bronco, ford, scx10, tamiya