RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   losi moa conversion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/263699-losi-moa-conversion.html)

jackass 08-09-2010 06:14 PM

losi moa conversion

was wandering how a losi moa conversion would work in a bwd wedge. dont have the conversion yet just want to know before i spend the money. or would it be best to just start over and let my son have the losi. we both want to get started in comps. thanks for the help:ror:

oldhippie 08-09-2010 06:28 PM

Don't mess with a losi Moa! :???: Get the real thing. 8) Look what's winning out there. ;-) Berg! "thumbsup"

speed ghilliesniper 08-09-2010 07:14 PM

yea, id say too leave the losi a shaftie and give it to your son to use and get either a berg or preorder a xr10.

jackass 08-09-2010 09:42 PM

thanks guys that helps do you know if the losi frame is as good as i can do or is there a better one out there like sss-r . just want my son to have the best he can.
lcc
novak balistic 18.5t"thumbsup"
momba max pro:mrgreen:
ccbec
airtronics mx-3x:shock:
rover pink:evil:
3s 1300mah:flipoff:
losi dig servo:evil:
hitec hs-7955tg;-)
everything else is stock any info would be great thanks again:ror:

untchabl 08-09-2010 09:50 PM

Run the LCC as a shafty and still beat the MOA's. Look at guys like Jake Wright that win major comps against Bergs and Bullys. The Losi can be competitive as a shafty, just have to get it setup properly and practice alot.

skkeeter 08-09-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackass (Post 2581444)
thanks guys that helps do you know if the losi frame is as good as i can do or is there a better one out there like sss-r . just want my son to have the best he can.
lcc
novak balistic 18.5t"thumbsup"
momba max pro:mrgreen:
ccbec
airtronics mx-3x:shock:
rover pink:evil:
3s 1300mah:flipoff:
losi dig servo:evil:
hitec hs-7955tg;-)
everything else is stock any info would be great thanks again:ror:

I would stick to the stock chassis. I looked around for a month for my LCC and never found anything that looked like it would outperform the stock one.

Changes I would make are:

Rover White compound (unless you live where it's really cold and raining all the time).
Get some weight in the wheels if you haven't done that yet. I run 8oz in front and 4oz in rear.
Try to widen the width of the front wheels with spacers (Makes a big difference).
Outboard the shocks on the axle's and chassis.
i also really like this OTA steering link,
http://cart.rcbros.com/product_info....ing-link-p-231

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by untchabl (Post 2581461)
Run the LCC as a shafty and still beat the MOA's. Look at guys like Jake Wright that win major comps against Bergs and Bullys. The Losi can be competitive as a shafty, just have to get it setup properly and practice alot.

Take this advice if you are a clone of Jake Wright. But if your like the rest of us, go berg MOA.

jackass 08-10-2010 06:17 PM

thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it will look into the white compound rovers. i live in arizona so not much rain or cold. or maby comp claws. but otherwise still going too get one more rig so we both have one. :ror:

jackass 08-10-2010 06:19 PM

when you say you added 8oz up front do you mean per wheel or total . :oops:

untchabl 08-10-2010 06:56 PM

Probably per wheel. I run 6oz in each front on my LNC and I plan to go a little heavier.

I think your son will enjoy the LCC. Seems to have alot of good parts on it. As for the comment above, I still think the Losi can be competitive against MOA's. Just because someone spent the money to buy/build an MOA and come to a comp doesn't mean they know how to drive. My LNC has no dig and I beat guys with dig regularly at comps. Get the LCC dialed in and learn to drive it and it can be competitive.

bquin 08-10-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackass (Post 2582733)
thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it will look into the white compound rovers. i live in arizona so not much rain or cold. or maby comp claws. but otherwise still going too get one more rig so we both have one. :ror:

I run a comp crawler here in AZ.......cuz I sold the berg..........hit us up on the weekends so you can see what we run....bergs ........losi's ...........and everything else....we may get together sometime this weekend azparc.com.....or az section........"thumbsup"

jackass 08-10-2010 09:00 PM

cool man thanks for the invite i will look you up sounds like a good place for me to decide what i want to do for my next rig."thumbsup"