Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Toyota f40 crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #1

Default Tamiya Toyota f40 crawler

Hey fellas.

So, I've almost finished optimizing my M1025 hummer and I'm on the look out for a real crawler. I must admit I'm a bit of a Tamiya fan and I've fallen in love with the Yota f40.

My question is simple: does anyone have some experiences with this baby? Does it perform as you would expect at that price tag (~2600DKK =430USD)

Cheers
/Mocca
Mocca Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #2

I built one of these for a friend of mine. the quality is top notch, and the body is very detailed with all the decals
I'm not convinced of the spring shock set up,
but he was just looking for a scaler to run around in his back yard
DarkSonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You may want to check out the Tamiya CR01 forum. You'll get lots of info there.

What are you looking for...a scaler or a comp crawler?

I own the CR01. I love it as a scaler. In the beginning, I wanted to be able to comp with this, so I was looking for all kinds of ways to make it perform better. I actually had it in my mind that I could get it close to a comp crawler like the axial AX-10. Ya I got the CR01 to perform much better than stock, but then I lost the scale look, AND, the CR01 was apart more than I liked and thus had less time driving it around.

Once I finally realized that I bought a scaler and not a comp crawler (and thus put it back close to stock), I have been much more happy with it. Stock or close to stock with minor hop-ups, the CR01 crawls well. It is fun to drive.

I recommend that you pay for a membership here in RCC so that you can get access to the For Sale section (and a whole host of other things like the all important search function). Every once in a while you will see a CR01 complete and put together anywhere from $150 to $250.

Anyways, good luck in your decision.

Last edited by mtnhrdgr2; 09-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.
mtnhrdgr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick and excellent replies!

I'm looking for a scaler with crawling ability - nothing near comp crawler (yet ). Sounds excellent in that it performs well close to stock - something along those lines I had in mind.

About the 4Sale section - I'm situated in Denmark (Europe) and the import taxes etc. with goods from the states are steep - so it is much more favorable for me to buy in DK or at least in the European Union. Still - if the price is low enough to counter the import taxes I'd be interested 4sure!

I'll take a look at the CR01 forum - I should have known there was a designated place for that here... I love this site!

EDIT: Oh, and another thing - I need it as a kit. Tinkering is ½ the fun with this stuff. I'm not a RTR/RTC kind of guy

Last edited by Mocca Master; 09-08-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Mocca Master is offline   Reply With Quote