Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #461

Default Re: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

I'm really digging the searchlight too buddy. That's thinking outside the box. Is the pan servo continuous rotation if not how much rotation do you get? BRAQ damn I seen that wasn't sure about fitment look really good plus they were cheaper because they are just toys. EWB my sentiments exactly but steel or at least aluminum, I'm think going to buy the steel mrc steel driveshafts, not to confident because of the plastic trans gears would rather replace $5 part vs entire trans anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited by mytuner2002; 05-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.
mytuner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytuner2002 View Post
I'm really digging the searchlight too buddy. That's thinking outside the box. Is the pan servo continuous rotation if not how much rotation do you get? BRAQ damn I seen that wasn't sure about fitment look really good plus they were cheaper because they are just toys. EWB my sentiments exactly but steel or at least aluminum, I'm think going to buy the steel mrc steel driveshafts, not to confident because of the plastic trans gears would rather replace $5 part vs entire trans anyone have any thoughts on this?
The pan servo is a special servo capable of 260 degrees rotation if you set your endpoints on the radio to -120% and +120% for that channel. Otherwise it is about 180 degrees, which is still far more than a standard servo, which is about 90 degrees. The tilt servo is just standard because the design of the mount limits tilting to about 90 degrees anyway.

Russ
rampa202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by braq View Post
Wow,

nice truck!

As for bodies, I like the Losi MRC or Exceed 1/16 for actually accomodating a lot better the cabs I am interested in than with TLT axles.

Almost anything from Bruder Toys (except their Wrangler or Landrover) will look pretty good on the 1/16 chassis.

Here is one with the Unimog
That looks great, it is yours?
rampa202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #464
Pebble Pounder

The die cast spot light truck and the unimog look really good. Great job guys...any one knw about some scale looking bumpers that will fit the MRC size bodies I knw proline has them listed as 1/18 but but it seems the traxxas and losi 1/18 parts are small and of course most 1/10 are a lil to big...any help wld be great!
idealconceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #465
Pebble Pounder

ok so mytuner and I came across some bumpers for a Traxxas Slash the rear worked out well with blazer front end...heres link to the video...!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''Insect Repellent Necessary'' - YouTube
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #466
Pebble Pounder

Ok so here's a few more videos of mytuner and myself this long weekend...The new lights and bumper look great! Gotta give it up to the lil maxstone16!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''Insect Repellent Still Necessary'' - YouTube

http://youtu.be/qoRvtqtXt-M RC Rock Crawling ''The Fall'' - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by idealconceptz; 06-05-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: link update
Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #467
Pebble Pounder

So I changed the rear shocks to a soft pen type spring ride height is abt 75% droop to help the scale look and prevent excess body rub....check out the video!

http://youtu.be/Kzon6Igee3s

Last edited by idealconceptz; 06-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #468
Pebble Pounder

More Maxstone16 upgrades! Custom body, axial suspension, stretched wheel base and tires check out the links!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''The Beaten Path'' - YouTube

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''As Darkness Falls'' - YouTube
Old 06-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #469
Pebble Pounder

Even more maxstone16 tuning and some fab'd trailers these things rock!! check out the links!!!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''Dead Weight'' - YouTube
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #470
Quarry Creeper

That's cools. Looks like your having fun. I like all the vids. More info on trailers?
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #471
Pebble Pounder

I've now read this thread, all 24 pages, twice and I guess I'm ready to put in my $.02. I got my EMS last Friday, drove it for 30min on a 800ma 2s and started modding I can't leave anything alone! I did the usual 4-links Fr and Rr, full size servo, OTA steering, delrin rear lower links, kinked front lowers, Helion 370 motor, GT3B rx, 2s on the front upper links, ESC on the rear uppers, del ECS power switch, cut the front tires, added 5/16" set screws to the front rim holes for weight, drilled extra vent holes in the rims, mini-t springs, flipped and outboarded shocks, axle smoothing, Mini Revo front pinion with 4mmto 5mm sleve to work with the stock driveshaft (that sucked), del battery tray, lowered the body and cut 1" off the bottom of it and the best mod so far LCC front CV/knuckle conversion, Dlux style. This will be a 1.9 comp rig for me. The to do list is: new skid plate, 1.9 rovers, custom lexan wheels and a better ESC. The stock ESC is junk! Rev is not proportional it's on or off.

On to the pics, the body off pic are after the 1st round of mods. The crawling shots were last night under the lights in my concrete jungle. I want to start a build thread but I'm not sure where to put it General or MRC? I don't think the MRC guys would appriciate it but they are almost the same rig.

Enjoy!
Attached Images

John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 AM   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMorris View Post
That's cools. Looks like your having fun. I like all the vids. More info on trailers?
i cant speak for idealconceptz, he wanted his specs classified. my mini scaler AKA chewys rig is the f-150 raptor in the vids my trailer is a die-cast trailer i found cost me $26 on ebay, also has tamiya tundra front leafs, losi slider wheels and tires, all together ive spent $60 and i just ordered some scale acc to make the grand total about $90 funny huh, spent more money on the trailer than the trucks initial cost. Im better than $300 in my truck now only things exceed are trans, axles & front shocks. tcs crawlers l-trail chassis for losi mrc, tamiya tundra rear leafs, axial wheels and tires, wild boar driveshafts, hpi body mounts, wraith light kit, GT3B radio, novak mongoose esc, losi insane 370 motor, toward 996r servo thats chassis mounted, traxxas receiver box and plasti dip keep my electronics safe for the most part. we run 2s 1300's in balloons, if your going to play in the water get a re-buildable motor and bring brushes we sometimes smoke cheap sealed can motors 1st time out, but usually get about 3 runs though. ill post pics 7/15 after i get back and get all the acc. on the trailer. ive also got a classified project wait till you see it. its going to be $500-$550 before this is complete, tooo much money!!! could have bought a trailfinder2,

John-e Bravada,
Lol, when i received my EMS never drove just plugged in the batt and made sure everything worked then tore it down, and started fabs. that is a good looking EMS, hows it perform? chewys rig not so great but fun as hell to drive.

Last edited by mytuner2002; 06-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.
mytuner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #473
Quarry Creeper

Update! I got bored so i started fiddling with my Maxstone. I wanted more weight up front. So i started fabbing a new plate that would skoot the servo over and leave more room for electronics up front

So now all my electronics are up front and all clean.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #474
Pebble Pounder

good shit guys so glad to see some more ms16 users and modders!!! if your lookin for some specs on my 2500hd just let me knw!!! anyone in the socal area lookin for some adventures feel free to hit up me or mytuner2002!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #475
Pebble Pounder

filmed a new video at our course out in west palmdale my tuner was outta town so its solo!! wanted to make sure the scale mods werent making the rig more show than go!! any questions or build reviews just hit me up!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''A MANS MISSION'' - YouTube
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #476
Pebble Pounder

So what's the verdict on the Hobbypartz Brushless system for these things, is it crawlable or just go fast?

I burn up my Helion motor using an AX10 ESC last night. I then swapped in MRC stuff and burnt up the ESC. I'm going to be back to the Exceed ESC for tomorrows comp. I need to figure out what way to go for the next motor/ESC combo.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #477
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-e Bravada View Post
So what's the verdict on the Hobbypartz Brushless system for these things, is it crawlable or just go fast?

I burn up my Helion motor using an AX10 ESC last night. I then swapped in MRC stuff and burnt up the ESC. I'm going to be back to the Exceed ESC for tomorrows comp. I need to figure out what way to go for the next motor/ESC combo.
I run the brushless system in my crawler. i like the small size of esc. you need to get a smaller pinion like a 12t. but other than that imo it crawls good, even tho its senesorless. with stock pinion it has plenty of speed. BUT... it sounds like people are using brushed 370 moters like 370 fireballs that are doing just as well. i have no expierence w/ a 370 but idk.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #478
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_w_b View Post
i will get the pics up probably tomorrow. but with the washer fix it takes the slop out of the wheels too. i don't know if you need the BEC with the fireball, it would prob be a good idea, i already had my castle BEC installed when i put the fireball in, so im not for sure on that one. and the venom fireball 370 has PLENTY of torque. and it will be able to rip up some hills with it. the extra wheel-speed makes a hell of difference. you just need the B/C slot on the receiver. that is where the BEC will plug into. i used a Y harness for the two servos too. i am using the stock Receiver with mine. haven't bent links yet but plan on it. and i don't know about the EZRUN brushless motor. thats a gamble , i just know the fireball worked perfect. got one on e-bay for $6.00. only thing i had to do to the motor was change the plugs. it comes stock with micro plugs and they are way to small. if you look at them on e-bay you will see what im talking about. but 6 bucks beats the shit out of 50.00 for a brushless system.
this is what im talking about.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #479
Pebble Pounder

Its haulin a boat!!! more upgrades to the trailer waiting on high clearance lower links for the honcho hopefully it does work!!! check out the video!

Scale RC Rock Crawling ''Boat Haulin'' - YouTube
Old 07-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #480
Pebble Pounder

The Helion was a 370 size motor. It was fun while it lasted. Upon further inspection I burnt up the MRC motor last night. That makes 2 motors in one night The stock motor and the MRC ESC are in it now. I hope it makes it thru the Comp tomorrow. It's really SLOW! I'll have to get a fireball and see how it goes. I might try the brushless eventually. I found a Toro brushless setup for $35 that looked like it might work as well. It didn't have all the settings of the Hobbywing though.