Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #881
RCC Addict

Default Re: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

Man... I can't thank you both enough. This puts me in the right direction. Apologies for my ignorance... still learning and taking it all in. I'm coming from nitro roots and even that was a good while back so plenty of new info for me to absorb. I know that there's always more for me to learn regarding discharging, peak charging rates, etc so... one step at a time. Also iirc NiMH batteries shouldn't be discharged so I don't think that there's anything else to be done to try to save this factory batt pack. Time to break out the CC now and start compiling a list of upgrades! Sincere gratitude for all the help!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #882

Glad to help! Keep in mind if you get the hobby wing ESC, I don't think it has connectors on the battery or motor leads. So you will have to solder on a battery connection. So depending on what connection is on the lipo battery you choose, get one to match. For example if you get the gens ace lipo which has a Dean's connector, you will have to pick up a Dean's connector for the ESC...

And add bullet connectors for the motor. Pull them off the original ESC or pick up new ones. I ended up soldering on 3.5mm bullets for the motor connections and changed out the battery connections to a xt60 plugs... Your choice of course!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
daBigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #883
RCC Addict

Well fortunately I'm able to solder fairly proficiently so that'll come in handy here. Thank you for the additional information.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:38 PM   #884

Gone quiet in here so I thought I'd chime in. Picked up a Everest 16 a month ago.
There was reports of weird throttle pulsing/cogging at low throttle. Been digging around and discovered the U-joints are 90 degrees out to what they should be. Google U-joint phasing for an explanation. The splines are indexed on the driveshafts so there is no easy fix.
Been contemplating re-configuring the NiMh pack to hang under the battery tray for a lower Cog. I'm targeting a zero dollar build (consumables like solder, servo tape, etc excluded).
everest16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #885
Quarry Creeper

Howdy everest16,

I am looking to get either an ECX Temper 1/18, an Everest16 or a Maxstone16. The advantage of the Temper, I think, is the full-size servo mount, and the best customer support in the business with Horizon. That being said, I do like the fact that the Exceed and Redcat have separate ESC/RX. The only advantage I can see of the Exceed is that it is under $100, but it is currently out of stock.

My plan is to try and mount a Tamiya Lunchbox body on whichever one I get. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
MP
Mongol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:11 AM   #886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongol Pete View Post
Howdy everest16,

I am looking to get either an ECX Temper 1/18, an Everest16 or a Maxstone16. The advantage of the Temper, I think, is the full-size servo mount, and the best customer support in the business with Horizon. That being said, I do like the fact that the Exceed and Redcat have separate ESC/RX. The only advantage I can see of the Exceed is that it is under $100, but it is currently out of stock.

My plan is to try and mount a Tamiya Lunchbox body on whichever one I get. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
MP
Hey MP! Your pretty much spot on with the few differences between the 3 of them. Above what you mentioned color, body, and wheels. There is a fourth variant which is the hsp kulak. If full size server is important than go for the Temper although upgrading to a full size servo is easy to do. I don't think your going to go wrong with any of them. I have the redcat version. You can sometimes find the redcat on Amazon warehouse deals for under $100. Good luck with your build!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #887

Thought I would add a pic of my Fire Chief Redcat Everest 16. Hope you guys like it!

Old 03-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #888

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBigO View Post
Thought I would add a pic of my Fire Chief Redcat Everest 16. Hope you guys like it!

Nice rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
jakemaxwell806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #889

Hello can you help with my exceed rc 6x6 build
Ebuka Emelumadu is offline   Reply With Quote