Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Maxstone crawlers ??!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #1

Exclamation Maxstone crawlers ??!

Hey I am new to crawling and I am looking to get into the hobby for cheap. I have been looking at the maxstone crawlers but I can't decide whether to get the 1/10 or 1/8 scale. Any info on either of these crawlers is greatly appreciated.

Ps, I am aware of the torque twist on the 1/10
RMartens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #2

Thumbs up

Awsome crawler the 1/8th scale maxstone 8 for the price its an awsome rig. It needs a stronger servo and upgrade to the 4 wheel steering.
Crawlerrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMartens View Post
...looking to get into the hobby for cheap.
Well, they are most definitely that....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Hey I am new to crawling and I am looking to get into the hobby for cheap. I have been looking at the maxstone crawlers but I can't decide whether to get the 1/10 or 1/8 scale. Any info on either of these crawlers is greatly appreciated.

Just adjust the shocks to fix the roll effect on the 1/8th scale you will still have 90 degree wheel travel
Crawlerrollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #5

i would go with the 1/10 scale. truck is pretty nice factory and tons of aftermarket support with axial parts.
davidyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Best advice I can give ya is to just be patient and get a decent one. Spend a little more and get even the RTC Axial. You will be sooo much better off. All these little knock off brands use cheap plastics and will give you more headaches than its worth. Not to mention with all the parts you break on a knock off, you could buy a nice name brand one.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #7
dnf

Quote:

I would say that if you want to get into the hobby for cheap,then you probably dont want to be spending 25-50 bucks everytime you turn around getting it to hold up.

Buy a star,check the classifieds.You can get deals on trucks that already have the good stuff/mods,that will save you time and money.

I would suggest you look into 1/18 scale.
For around 300 bucks you can pick up a truck that is built and comp worthy
they are fun as hell,cheaper to maintain too.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post

I would suggest you look into 1/18 scale.
For around 300 bucks you can pick up a truck that is built and comp worthy
they are fun as hell,cheaper to maintain too.
Not to diss on your post but if a 1/18th was my 1st crawler and what my impressions of rc rock crawling would be, I would have left the hobby. I found my 1/18th scale Losi MRC extremely boring. For my terrain anyway, it felt like it was to small for the fun stuff and to big for something like desk/table crawling (which the micro crawler I found boring as well).

I think if he was to pick up axials rtc (Around $250), that would get him on the rocks right away to enjoy the sport, he would have a awesome base that he could easily make comp worthy if he wanted to. There is TONS of parts out there for them and most crawler guys have owned or own the Ax10, so there is tons of help out there if he runs into any problems. And the big thing is that parts will most likely be available at his local hobby shop, instead of having to wait for parts from china with some cheap knock off.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #9

If its not too late I would suggest you take a look at the Redcat RS10xt. Each person has their own theory about what is good and what is not. My theory is that the redcat is a great starter MOA (Motor On Axle) I would suggest that you check it out as it has a cheap base price and is a very capible Crawler.

Here is the link to the Redcat page. http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...-Scale-Crawler
I purchased mine from a vendor on this site, RAMTech-RC. he has great prices and is a great guy to do business with.He has them listed for $165.99 http://www.rampagehopups.com/main.sc

The other thing that is great with the RS10 is that most axial parts work with it so there is great after market support, along with new products that are being specifically designed for the redcat. hope this helps
Lothar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #10

These guys are right I got the 1/10 scale max stone about a week ago. I ran it for about 5 charges and the front axle broke. never even got a chance to take it on the rocks , just played around with it in the house. I am sending it back to nitrorcx and investing the money in an scx10.
pwarren1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

you know i have a max stone 1/10 and it is great. every time i hear someone say i broke a axle. 90% of the time they are in the house take it outside. i drive mine hard alot on the ROCKS and it runs great have not broke any thing yet 3 mo now and yes i still crawl outside even in the cold some times 3 packs at a time. it is made for rocks and hills not sheets and pillows they get hung in the axle and yes it will brake if there is no way for it to move.

it falls,flips,hangs up,gets dirty,muddy, and yet i dont try to brake it. i dont stomp on the gas over and over because it is hung up learn to drive people.
jokers_toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

hey guys. I myself are new to rcc..me and my boy are just getting into it.we bought the maxstone 1/8 scale,truck is huge and we want to start upgrading it starting with true beadlocks(not plastic) but were having trouble trying to find 4.0 rims for it,all we find is the low boyz but are they worth the $300??money isnt the issue i just wanna know if i have other options or if theyre good rims?...also what is a good motor? were lookin at the tekin or the novak motors? if you know any ideas,please help us,thanks.
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #13

Default Re: Maxstone crawlers ??!

i have the 10 scale one and i put a motor from a old drill in it. that thing has lots of torque. And there is no twist because i put in 75 weight oil in the shocks. but my problem is on the rocks the axles break constantly. and the wheels are starting to crack, does any one know of a good source to get 2.2 aluminum wheels for like about $50 per pair

Last edited by nolan B; 03-25-2012 at 08:47 AM.
nolan B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crawler, exceed, maxstone, newbie, rock crawler