Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: i want idea's an help please?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

Question i want idea's an help please?!

alright so guy's iv got a stock honcho an i want to make it a bad ass looking diesel truck i wanna make it a littel bit taller nice rims an tire's an good looking body (hard body) silver body black rims an big tires i want to make it super scale ill do jsut about anything that i think sounds good looking so if anyone has idea's or pics or just something that would make it even better looking please comment!!

Last edited by cool94beans; 11-24-2010 at 10:13 AM.
cool94beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool94beans View Post
alright so guy's iv got a stock honcho an i want to make it a bad ass looking diesel truck i wanna make it a littel bit taller nice rims an tire's an good looking body (hard body) silver body black rims an big tires i want to make it super scale ill do jsut about anything that i think sounds good looking so if anyone has idea's or pics or just something that would make it even better looking please comment!!
My opinion of what looks good on a scale rig may be totally different then your opinion of what looks good. Sounds like you have a general idea of what you want your rig to look like when it's done, so now you need to find the parts to make it all come together.

The easiest way to do that is by utilizing the "SEARCH" button that is located in the top box on this page.

Every crawler category has a picture section and there are thousands of pictures within all the threads. Spend some time reading the posts and looking at the pictures till you find what you like, then get it or do it.

Your scale rig experience will be far more rewarding when you build something from your own ideas than building something from what everybody else thinks looks good..........does that make any sense?

I would also recommend finding a local scale crawler club and joining it. RC crawler folks are some of the nicest people you will probably ever meet and are usually more than happy to share ideas, tip and tricks for a build.

Last edited by Mad Dawg; 11-25-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well said Mad Dawg

I have found that the first thing to do is read, read, read. Then find the body you want to run. Then you can make the chassis fit the body and keep changing things so they work for you.

Since you are starting with the SCX chassis I would spend some time in that section and the 1.5 and 1.9 to get some great ideas. If the body you decide on needs bigger tires then start looking in the 2.2 scale section.

I hope this gives you a starting point.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #4

70duncan if thats your truck in your profile picture its beautiful thats the look im going for good lookin very clean truck! thanks guy's iv been looking alot im hopeing i can find a hard body chevy between 2001 an 2006
cool94beans is offline   Reply With Quote