Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: What to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #1

Exclamation What to buy?

hello people im new on this forum and crawling too, im from venezuela so my english is not the best hahaha i can read it fine but writing im a disaster.
i got a question and is that im dont know what crawler buy because i was wondering an axial ax-10rtr but when i went to the store, they sold it so they order LNC's instead ax10. Now reading about LNC i think i prefer this but im really worry about the famous worms, you think the LNC is my best choice?
i dont go to comp just a little trail and crawling but no comp (i dont like the Scx10 by the way) but i dont know if the LNC its durable, its more durable an LNC or an AX-10 RTR? please help me.
sorry my bad english
Thanks
juanber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I am happy with my AX-10
02tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I started with lnc , I realy like it only complant is it goes through batterys fast. It's a great learner rig the worm gears make it really easy to control on climbs. The lnc got me hooked on the hobby. Now I got xr 10, It rocks.
vistavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistavega View Post
I started with lnc , I realy like it only complant is it goes through batterys fast. It's a great learner rig the worm gears make it really easy to control on climbs. The lnc got me hooked on the hobby. Now I got xr 10, It rocks.
i decide to buy it! what battery did you use? how many time was the runtime? thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanber View Post
i decide to buy it! what battery did you use? how many time was the runtime? thanks
Check out the LiPo batteries at Hobbyking.com. Granted I am running an AX-10 with a 45 turn motor and I do not know what the LNC has in it, but I get well over an hour of crawling out of a 2S 2200mah LiPo battery.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

The LNC has a built in voltage cut off for 2 cell (2S) lipo, You can run 3 cell (3S= 11.1V) but you would have to manually check the batteries voltage to make sure you do not run it past its reccommended voltage & you also take the risk of potentially burning up the stock ESC.

I ran turnigy 3S 1800 MAH lipos from www.hobbyking.com & typically got about 30 minute run times w/ my LNC. They have bigger batteries but the larger you go, the bigger they are in physical size so keep that in mind if you are trying to keep the weight down like most people.

I think the LNC is a much more capable rig than the AX10 out of the box & is also better quality. The two major weak links with the LNC are the servo & links but since you are mainly doing trail running it might not bother you too much. Add some weight to the wheels and you should be good to go

Alot of people on here are hooking their axles up to a cordless drill for the initial break in process, this helps run it at a low speed and with no load on the rig to help reduce heat generated by the worms. I never once had an issue with my worm gears, if you tear them apart regularly & regrease (I use Lucas red & tacky) then you should be fine.

Enjoy your new crawler......

BFGcrawler418

Last edited by BFGcrawler418; 11-26-2010 at 09:44 AM.
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #7

thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #8

go with the lnc i dont have one but i do have a lcc and an ax-10 . the lcc is a much mor capable rig in stock form. and i here that the lnc is nearley unbreakable
jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackass View Post
go with the lnc i dont have one but i do have a lcc and an ax-10 . the lcc is a much mor capable rig in stock form. and i here that the lnc is nearley unbreakable
i bought it today its excelent the first thing to do es weight on front wheels
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I am very happy with my AX10
daddy_ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

lnc is a fun rig but very happy with my creeper
deboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #12

dont get me rolng i really like my ax-10 but it did take a lot more tuning too get it to crawl with the lcc.
jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackass View Post
dont get me rolng i really like my ax-10 but it did take a lot more tuning too get it to crawl with the lcc.
What did it take to get the AX10 to crawl?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #14

Default Re: What to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02tac View Post
What did it take to get the AX10 to crawl?
I'm thinking of getting an AX10, so I'd like to know this too. What mods are needed to get the AX10 to crawl as good as a LNC?
bugc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #15
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugc View Post
I'm thinking of getting an AX10, so I'd like to know this too. What mods are needed to get the AX10 to crawl as good as a LNC?
Are you referring to the AX10 Deadbolt? If so, I would put new wheels/tires on it and a new body if your not into scale. From there your choices are endless to make it into whatever you want. The LNC I'd stay away from as parts are getting very hard to find.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #16

Default What to buy?

I am somewhat new to crawling and very new to axial.
are there many differences between the AX10 models? the axial website is not a good site for this information. I assumed it was mostly body differences.

if I want to focus on crawling, not scale and not racing, is the deadbolt the best AX10 version?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

LNC is good out of the box to a certain extent, but i've seen a stock ax-10 out crawl a stock LNC, so come's down to who's driving it also.
After seeing both the ax-10 crawled better.

Example, rock course at my home took the LNC numerous attempts to complete all 10 gates of my rock course, an ax-10 passed all 10 gates on its first attempt, the LNC had numerous visits to the course. That's not to say the LNC didn't pull some decent lines. Only thing i didn't like about the LNC was the noise, my crawler is quiet compared to a LNC.

If you get the ax-10, keep the LNC stock and upgrade the ax-10.

Last edited by Bully2RockRomper; 07-02-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 PM   #18
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
I am somewhat new to crawling and very new to axial.
are there many differences between the AX10 models? the axial website is not a good site for this information. I assumed it was mostly body differences.

if I want to focus on crawling, not scale and not racing, is the deadbolt the best AX10 version?
The original AX10 is no more, your looking at an SCX10 with the old style AX10 axles and a scale rail chassis or the AX10 Deadbolt with the newer AR60 axles and more comp style chassis. Between the two I like the AR60 axles, gets you great steering without modding the whole axle like the older AX10/SCX10 axles that need the XR mod done to them. Once you get hooked on crawling you can then buy a new chassis to really take the car to the next level. Since your local (Im in Snoqualmie), if you want to meet up I'll let you drive both axles and you can decide which you prefer.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 PM   #19

great information here. thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Once you get hooked on crawling you can then buy a new chassis to really take the car to the next level. Since your local (Im in Snoqualmie), if you want to meet up I'll let you drive both axles and you can decide which you prefer.
what do you mean by a new chassis? is that a mod for the Deadbolt or a different model altogether?

I have a losi mini-crawler and enjoy crawling very much. that's one of the reasons I am looking for a more serious rig. I don't have any plans to do competitions, but I do like to spend a lot of time crawling all the obstacles I can find. If there is a better (more serious?) crawling vehicle I should be looking at, I'm all ears. I'm a bit of a newbie and would appreciate any advice you have.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #20
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
great information here. thanks all.

what do you mean by a new chassis? is that a mod for the Deadbolt or a different model altogether?

I have a losi mini-crawler and enjoy crawling very much. that's one of the reasons I am looking for a more serious rig. I don't have any plans to do competitions, but I do like to spend a lot of time crawling all the obstacles I can find. If there is a better (more serious?) crawling vehicle I should be looking at, I'm all ears. I'm a bit of a newbie and would appreciate any advice you have.
They all start with the same guts, axles and trans are the main components you will end up keeping. Aftermarket chassis' all have much better link geometry to make them crawl pretty crazy stuff. Not knowing if you have a budget or not its somewhat harder to point you in a certain direction. I'll assume you already got a good radio system since you ran short coarse trucks. If you want the most capable crawler your better to piece it together. Don't rule out that mini either, the same rules apply there to make that a much better crawler if it didn't start life as the mini pro. Feel free to pm me, I have no problem helping you with advise so you end up with what you want.

Tags
ax10, axial, lnc, losi, night crawler