RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   need some helpwith a new truck (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/287066-need-some-helpwith-new-truck.html)

boneskid1 12-17-2010 07:51 PM

need some helpwith a new truck

so after Christmas im going to get a new truck thing is i dont now what to get so if any one with of the following trucks could put fourth there reasoning on why is should get it you would help me alot.
so i was eying the merv for a while but i got a txt-1 and found the scale threads on here and i realizaed a scaler would be cool to but........ cant decide if i want speed and off-road or scale and off-road so which should i get

SCX-10
CC-01
MERV

mods please move this if you have to didnt know where to post it.

Thanks,
Boneskid1

squatch71 12-17-2010 11:47 PM

go best of both worlds, get a RC4WD two speed tranny...or a Traxxas two speed tranny and put it in your scaler...can crawl then shift in second and wheel spinnin fun...go 4S and really have a good time.....

bob1961 12-18-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2805399)
go best of both worlds, get a RC4WD two speed tranny...or a Traxxas two speed tranny and put it in your scaler...can crawl then shift in second and wheel spinnin fun...go 4S and really have a good time.....

i think he is asking bout what truck to get, not what tranny :lmao: ....

sq71....if you want scale and not a comp crawler the SCX10 would be best bet for scale as most go with it and hop up parts are many for it "thumbsup" .......bob

squatch71 12-18-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 2805587)
i think he is asking bout what truck to get, not what tranny :lmao: ....

if your not going to read all of my post...don't comment.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 2805587)
sq71....if you want scale and not a comp crawler the SCX10 would be best bet for scale as most go with it and hop up parts are many for it "thumbsup" .......bob

I didn't ask the question.....man you need to read

muddawg 12-19-2010 12:25 AM

build a fast scaler check out some of the ttc or koh builds they're fast and scale "thumbsup"

TattooKenny 12-19-2010 01:10 AM

I'll answer your question daddy-o;-) Go with the SXC10"thumbsup" Throw a 35t motor in it on 4s and have fun! Then if you want to later you can put a Summit 2 speed trans in it and have even more fun"thumbsup" A SCX10 is a awesome rig right out of the box. There are a million hop up parts out for it with a ton of support. It has one of the best scale chassis out there. And the potential to build off of it is limitless! So spend $230 and get a great rig that can crawl great and have plenty of speed.;-)