Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: How to use the Search button

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

My lame ass phone wont let me search on this forum.. but I keep trying

Last edited by davidmcox; 06-04-2011 at 10:17 PM.
davidmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

i wish i would have read this 69 posts ago!!!!
nafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #23
RCC Addict

How do you use the search box on an Ipod or Iphone?
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

"The best thing about the internet is you can quote something and completely make up the source" - George Washington

I like this , it would look good on a tee shirt AND I am going to steel it to post on my FB Yell real loud so you can object I am in Grass Valley CA , just down the hill from the Sierras with all those huge granit boulders !

BUGGYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmcox View Post
My lame ass phone wont let me search on this forum.. but I keep trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler View Post
Not sure, I have an Xperia X10 that was hard to search with though. I can click on search and the little box pops up but when I click on the box to type, it disappears. I finally realized that once the box pops up I have to zoom in a bunch and click on advanced search. Try that and let us know.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGGYBOY View Post
"The best thing about the internet is you can quote something and completely make up the source" - George Washington

I like this , it would look good on a tee shirt AND I am going to steel it to post on my FB Yell real loud so you can object I am in Grass Valley CA , just down the hill from the Sierras with all those huge granit boulders !
My other favorite is "Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WW1 got started."

This is my usual sig but it's too big of a filesize for RCC.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler View Post
You using tapatalk? Because it should just show a tab saying search
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #28

Sometimes my Iphone will let me search and other times it errors out. But for the most part it works.
rockslide24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #29
Ola
Rock Stacker

I`m not impressed by the search engine on this forum, allthough i cant tell what the real problem is.. I use adv. search on ALOT of forum`s, but this one keep getting me all kind`s of results now and then..

One tip i use when i really have problems finding spesific things (this forums got most things covered ), is to use Google..

Type : "torque twist" ax10 site:rccrawler.com in google.com, and you get alot of results from this forums with great accuracy..

Not the best example to show the difference, but it was just an example how to use google more spesific..
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #30

Default Re: How to use the Search button

Thanks for the write up, AdverseCity.

Unfortunately, the advanced search doesn't work very well. Even with quotes, it usually returns anything that contains either word.

Try searching for "toe in" in the Wraith section, you will get results that contain "toe" or "in".
malekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #31
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekia View Post
Thanks for the write up, AdverseCity.

Unfortunately, the advanced search doesn't work very well. Even with quotes, it usually returns anything that contains either word.

Try searching for "toe in" in the Wraith section, you will get results that contain "toe" or "in".
I agree. I get better results just using Google where I'd put in:

RCCrawler "toe in"

Then pick thru the offered threads for something Wraith.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Wow. Where to start...

1st of all...those that flame new guys for asking a question should be banned...no questions asked. Not permanently but a week or so & hopefully the point will be made. It is COMPLETELY unnecessary to hammer someone for wanting to LEARN an answer. They're not the guys that spend $2 G's at their LHS then drop the pile on the counter & say "build this for me...I'll be back tomorrow"...they're at least trying to learn.

That being said...I've been just as annoyed by the entire XR forum being filled with new threads like WHAT SHOCKS DO YOU LIKE, HOW DO WIRE A BEC & 2S OR 3S. But it's just part of using this or most any forum. Sure...it pushes the better build threads to page 2 or 3 but a simple click or 2 & ya got whatcha want.

I personally cruise by a LOT of new threads because I know it'll get answered & might not have the time to get into a discussion at that point. But being a sponsored driver...I feel like it's part of my job to help those that ask. Especially questions specific to those I drive for. It still gets old but we were all new at some point & I guarantee that even those guys that've been here since 2004 have things to learn.

As it's been said...if you see a subject, question or comment that's been answered 100 times, hit the back button & move on. Don't be a dick & push the new blood out of our shrinking sport.

All of THAT being said...I commend you Adverse. There was some GREAT info in your tutorial & I think it SHOULD be stickied. Thanks for taking the time brother.

All in all guys...this is a hobby. Keep it fun. There seems to be way too much drama attached at times & I myself have gotten sucked into said drama a time or 2. We are a dying breed & I love seeing new guys on the rocks. Um...I mean I think its cool to...uh...nevermind. Lets keep our sport alive & help the newbians whenever we can. When we can't or just don't WANT to...move on. Don't hammer a guy for not knowing an answer or not wanting to search. Okee dokee?

J.D.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 09-09-2012 at 04:41 PM.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Well stated HK....as to the recent posts, I feel your pain at times. The search does not work like I'm used to in other places. I am used to doing a "search" and a "+" to include other terms but get hammered by lots of useless threads.
The search here can be "challenging" at times.

Feel free to ask, have thick skin for some replies, figure out the peeps that have worthwhile answers.

Yes, it's a hobby, treat it as such.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #34

I'm glad i read this. Should help alot! Thanks
rcrick263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
I agree. I get better results just using Google where I'd put in:

RCCrawler "toe in"

Then pick thru the offered threads for something Wraith.
And now, we have a "Google search box" right on every page!
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
And now, we have a "Google search box" right on every page!
X2 on google being the better search function for rcc. I've typed a specific thread title word for word as a test in the search function and had it only search thread titles and I got tired after going through three pages and not finding it. I agree that the "" and the - functions are good to know now. Based on other modern search engines, google is the best way to search for rcc information.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post

Cut to this point

Be specific but also brief, you don't want to type "how to get rid of torque twist on an axial AX10". This will get you a ton of results, most of which won't help and you'll get discouraged after reading the first ½ dozen and give up. Instead try searching "torque twist" and select the "Axial AX10 Scorpion" section, you'll get much fewer results that will be 10 times as useful to you.

If you put quotation marks around the words you're searching for, it will only show results with those words in that specific order. Example, if you type "losi crawler shocks" you won't get a thread that has My losi buggy is faster than my crawler, it must be the aftermarket shocks.

Sadly either the quotation marks on a mac don't work in the search function or this doesn't work any more. I did exactly as was stated above. I went to advanced search, typed in "dick cepek mud country review" and selected tires/wheels forum and selected titles only. It returned a long list of threads that had the word mud or dick or cepek or country or review, not all of them in sequence as the quotations should have driven it.

I ran the same search in google and I got reviews on the 1/1 DC mud country.

Any tips would be appreciated. Please run the same search and see if you come up with what I did wrong.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #38
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdverseCity View Post
Not sure, I have an Xperia X10 that was hard to search with though. I can click on search and the little box pops up but when I click on the box to type, it disappears. I finally realized that once the box pops up I have to zoom in a bunch and click on advanced search. Try that and let us know.
i too have to do this on my android based thunderbolt. but, it works.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

could'nt resist
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Sadly either the quotation marks on a mac don't work in the search function or this doesn't work any more. I did exactly as was stated above. I went to advanced search, typed in "dick cepek mud country review" and selected tires/wheels forum and selected titles only. It returned a long list of threads that had the word mud or dick or cepek or country or review, not all of them in sequence as the quotations should have driven it.

I ran the same search in google and I got reviews on the 1/1 DC mud country.

Any tips would be appreciated. Please run the same search and see if you come up with what I did wrong.

Dna
I tried the same thing, no results. I removed Dick Cepek Review and got 4 results, the quotation marks still work for me.....

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=6265402