Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Ordering scx10 kit - what extra stuff should I buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 02:26 AM   #1

Default Ordering scx10 kit - what extra stuff should I buy?

Hello,

I'm thinking about ordering a SCX10 honcho kit soon.
This will be my first RC kit, but I have experience with building models.
The idea is having something to build/tinker with for a while and source electronics later.

Now the only thing I'm not sure about is what kind of grease/lube, tools and other stuff i should order together with the kit?
(I suspect they are not included, and axial's website did not make me any wiser)

I'ts pretty important I get the right stuff for assembly from the start as I don't have a RC/hobby store nearby... Any help and tips are highly appreciated.
Hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Its been a while since I built my Scx10 but Im about 90% sure that it came with shock oil as well as a tube of grease for the diffs and such. So I dont think you will have to worry about that.
As far as tools, they are pretty basic. The whole kit is hex screws and a couple nuts here and there. Maybe a pliers or needle nose in some spots, but thats about it.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I just built my Honcho Kit..

The kit comes with Grease, Shock Oil and Thread loc.. You wont need much thread loc, you'll have plenty of shock oil left over. I would suggest getting some extra grease for the diff gears and tranny gears..

I didnt loose any but I would also suggest buying either an aftermarket screw kit or pick up a Axial Screw kit if they are offered. I have only seen the Tony's Screw's Screw Kits & RC Screwz.. There are no "extra screws" in the kit.. I would say its safe to assume that the screw kits available come with everything you'd need as I almost lost a few of the small e clips while assembling the shocks.
monsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

metric allen wrenches , 1.5mm 2.0mm 2.5mm are the most used, maybe a metric T Wrench, a 5.5mm socket comes in handy small needle nose pliers as was mentioned , a small adjustable wrench and whatever other goodies to build with
good luck
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote