Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: which crawler??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #1

Default which crawler??

Im want to get a crawler but dont know which one to get, i want something good but on the cheap side and something i can do some mods to, i saw the nylint 1:6, are they worth it or should i find something else, thanks
rip757curl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Before you get flamed, you better go search a little. That question has been asked a million times.
NEMYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Well, the Nylint is cheaper, but any mods for it are strickly home-brew. There aren't any upgrade parts, or any real adjustability. They are fun, but if you want a competition crawler that can evolve as you get more into the hobby, you may want to go with a "hobby-grade" vehicle, such as a Clodbuster, TXT-1, or TLT-1. Read up a bit more in the various sections, and use the search function - you will find a lot of good info.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #4

Dont bother with a Nylint...your just goign to want to upgrade anyway. Do the right thing and buy something quality.
SenorClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

When i first started i got a clodbuster, and well since i have stuck with'em they are awesome. you can modify as you go. Not that a txt or tlt wouldnt be a good choice though.
clodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
RCC Addict

What type of crawler you get can depend on what dollar amount you plan on spending. A lot of the price can be eliminated if you have the skills or ability to fabricate chassis and such yourself. But if you were going to purchase everything price could be an issue. I'd consider looking at a TLT. They are reasonably inexpensive to get and modify. There are many different choices of pre-fabed chassis' out there and the electronics don't generally have to be has strong/HD when compared to an Unlimited class(Clod, TXT, Maxx). Not to mention that the TLT's are nice to make a truck look more realistic.
Do some looking around on the site, in the different forums (ie: Clod, TXT/Jugg, Maxx, Small Scale, even the video section) see what interests you and go from there.
-Stay away from the Nylints, get something that's actually worth the money-
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Buy a TLT-1 from www.ultimatehobbies.com and go from there...
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #8

You also need to base it on the size of rocks that you plan to be crawling on. If theyre smaller type rocks and you feel you want it to be more of a challenge then go with a 2.2 like a TLT but if your going to be crawling over bigger rocks and dont want to have to worry about anything stoping you then get somthing like a Clod.
SenorClod is offline   Reply With Quote