Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: AX10 Scorpion Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default AX10 Scorpion Problem

My new AX10 RTC has just stopped driving forwards and backwards . The steering still works but thats it, this has happened before so sent it back to the shop and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Please help
alexis.jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

Dead battery?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Scale Detail Engineering

check:
battery charged, wires all conected
loose wire on motor
loos wire on esc
esc to motor plugs not in all the way

hook a battery straight to the motor and see if it goes.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Just power the motor on its on and it goes, so motor ok, it is now driving but i have to tap twice to drive forward after going backwards?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

Are you using the stock Ax10 esc, does the stock AX10 esc have instant revers?
It sounds like you have the throttle hooked up backwards. On non crawler esc's you often have to double tap to go in reverse, so you don't destroy the drive line.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have an scx10 which I think is the same esc. Normally, when going forward the first reverse pull is break, then actual reverse, so maybe something is backwards. Otherwise you may just have a bad esc, mine never worked well at all, I had a similar loss of control on a regular basis. I recommend doing what I did- try and climb obstacles near a deep body of water, watch it go swimming, and replace all of the electronics. The beauty of ready to run...However I would not recommend this approach with the new esc, I hear it is much better.
Shane
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Are you using the stock Ax10 esc, does the stock AX10 esc have instant revers?
It sounds like you have the throttle hooked up backwards. On non crawler esc's you often have to double tap to go in reverse, so you don't destroy the drive line.
I am using the stock ESC, its now still not working but its going backwards at a rapid rate all on its own
Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.jones View Post
My new AX10 RTC has just stopped driving forwards and backwards . The steering still works but thats it, this has happened before so sent it back to the shop and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Please help
I to also had it happen on 3 occasions. I did check;
battery charged, wires all conected
no loose wire on motor
no loos wire on esc
esc to motor plugs not in all the way(may come loose.)
then a minute later it all works as normal.I turned it on and off and let it run thru its series of beeps to sync with TX and then it works.
I have not yet got to the root of the problem.All connections seem good,tight,clean. It happen overnight without the car being used,it was still on my work bench. Seems to need to sync with TX.Once it starts working it is fine all the time i drive,it only seems to happen on start up.
paul6ppca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Check the throttle trim on the radio. Sometimes it gets bumped and will cause an issue of not arming the esc right if it isnt in the position it was when it was programed. It would also cause it to run quickly in reverse on it's own.
ozyint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Everything checked and it all seems fine. When i received it they had to send me out a new receiver because the one that was fitted was dead
Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

If it is the AE-2 ESC, it is factory set to LiPo cutoff. If you are running a non-LiPo battery (Nicad or NiMh) when it hits the voltage cutoff point the ESC will shut down. You can turn this off using the Castle Link, just make sure that you turn it back on if you switch to LiPo's at some point.

The issue you are having with the double taps sounds like when you disconnected the motor wires to test it you may have flipped them when you reconnected them.

If you continue to have problems please contact our customer service department.
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #12

I had a similas problem. For me I moved all of the wireing away from the receiver. When the wires are too colse to the receiver this can cause glitching.
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #13

The "double tap reverse" is how the original Axial esc, AE-1, I think its called is set up. You need another esc to stop that. As far as the glitching, mine did it, even on smooth pavement. I added a ccbec, and no more problems. Another thing with the AE-1 esc, it goes faster in reverse then forward.

Just my 2 cents,

Dusty
Dusty_G is offline   Reply With Quote