maxstone 1/8 0 0%
mad torque 1/8 4 16.67%
other 20 83.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New to crawling and forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #1

Smile New to crawling and forum

Hi guys, i already have a traxxas stampede(only changed motor and added bumper and wheelie bar), i am thinking of getting a crawler.
What are your suggestions on these crawlers:
http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c875-maxst...een-24ghz.html
and
http://www.nitrorcx.com/03c09-madtorque-green.html
crawler2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Proverbial threadkiller

If you're set on one of those two, I like the looks of the MadTorque better. (keep in mind, it's just that-looks, as I have zero experience with MOA's)

But to be quite honest, I like the charms of a shafty like my AX-10 RTC.
Personal preference, I guess.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i had a mad truck it was just a simple 4x4 basher as one of my first rc's trucks and the first thing i found quite annoying was that parts support was almost non existan(that was a few years ago). id save yourself the hassle an go with an axial ax10 or an xr. make sure you do some looking around for replacement parts before you buy the truck because its inevitable that things will break or youll want to start upgrading if you like it an that goes for just about any rc.

goodluck!
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
RCC Addict

started that way to,they were ok when they worked but when you needed parts Good Luck. as for C.S. there was none, switched to AXIAL and havent looked back. save yourself the aggrivation, time and money.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #5

Smile i found parts

I was thinking of the parts, found this:http://www.hobbypartz.com/exceedrc6.html they have parts in stock
In other forum i found out people have used axial parts on these
Do you guys think this is a good buy
crawler2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Same here. Started with the Max Stone8 it was great until things started to break. Finding replacement parts is a hobby in itself!

I made the jump to the Axial XR10 and lovin it! There are alot more sites that support 1/10 than they do the 1/8.

This is also contingent on the fact that you might be able to fab your own $h!t!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.
KnoJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Don't know much about those two. I started with an AX-10, then a Losi comp. crawler, now I have a Berg, fixing to build a Ti-Fighter. Start with something you can get parts for. Most of all, something you can get hop-ups for. Stock is ok, hop-ups are better. Not gonna tell you what to do. Not much help but I hope I can point you in the right direction.
bigjeff1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ill throw my vote in for the mad torque. I have the 1/10 version (mad crawler) and I love it.

Ive had to replace a few parts, but over all I have very little in to this crawler for the amount of enjoyment its provided me. Ive had no issue getting replacement parts, most are even swap-able with axial parts.
Hyde802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #9

I have a Mad Torque 1/8th. I just bash around the house and take it along when we go camping. I had to go through and hit some parts with thread locker. Pinion gear set screws mainly. I also put some automotive wheel bearing grease on all of the transmission gears (they were dry on arrival). The last thing, put some Teflon tape on the threads of the 17mm hubs that holds the wheels on. The nuts like to back off after a while. Parts are plentiful and cheap as of late. Check here http://www.nitrorcx.com/masppa.html

Im happy with my purchase. I recently bought the 4 wheel steering kit and a few extra batteries. A buddy of mine ordered one over the weekend so we can have little competitions. For the price they are a ton of fun.
terboed is offline   Reply With Quote