Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: AX10 parts to SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default AX10 parts to SCX10

There has to be a topic on this, but all my searches came up with nothing.

What's the crossover parts between AX10 to SCX10? Im looking on the TCS website but all their parts are listed as AX10.
AG74683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

All of the major parts are the same. The basic differences are in the frame, shocks and link lengths. All of the transmission, axles, servo mounts, etc are the same. Some mods may not be compatible. But any axles upgrades (shafts, differentials, housings, knuckles, C's, etc are the same. Some servo mounts may be for a crawler (AX10) only like the ones that mount batteries on them. Transmissions and gears, mods are the same crossover as well. It is only when you get into frames and their parts like shock mounts and so forth that are different.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The only thing different are the frame rails. Atleast 90% of everything is universal. But keep in mind, ax10 is a crawler so it has longer shocks and link lengths and the frame geometry is way different.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i agree with the other guys but it is possible to use the ax10 shocks on the scx if you get the honcho. but i couldnt find a way to get the front drive shaft at the right angle using a 3 link
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

In addition to what everyone said 90% of the parts are compatible. You can usually find SCX10 frame sets including shock hoops and whatnot off eBay or on here occasionally.

The links you can keep the same depending on the wheelbase you want to run to match your scale body. As far as the shocks go you can limit them internally if you want to go the cheap route....

Occasionally you'd find stock SCX10 shocks for like $10-$15 shipped here. If you have the front stock 3 link setup and it causes some odd driveline angle you can always back out the 3 link screw from the mount on the axle and put spacers between it.

The plastic 3 link mount is a POS so I'd recommend using flat shims for added support.

Good luck!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote