Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New to site and hobby. Looking for purchase advice...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #1

Default New to site and hobby. Looking for purchase advice...

Hey all,
A while back I had borrowed a friends MaxStone 10 to fix his steering servo. I feel in love with it. Though the steering was week and the torque twist was horrible.
I have been reading a lot on here and looking through tons of info and builds. I had my mind set on the LCC just because it looked awesome and then I started pricing out the brushless setups and batteries. Now I'm not interested. lol
I am going to ask for this as a christmas present and need to be around $200-250 max. I have a 3 channel radio for it. 2.4ghz. I'm not sure which rtr to go with. I think the ax10 is the win. And then get an ezrun esc and motor. Sky lipo battery.
Problem I have is finding the winning combo that gives me a long run time, very low heat so it stays reliable, and over all is just fun.
I really just want some thing that looks cool and I can get crazy bashing around in the rocks with. Not a scaler, but more the look of an lcc.

Any insight??
crudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

One word.............................."AXIAL"."thumbsu p"
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #3

Axial is really hard to beat, but I think for something to beat on without needing a ton of upgrades, the Venom Creeper is sweetness. It does require some mods (the Creeper forum is an awesome source for that info) but it is pretty stout. And mine crawls better and holds up better than my buddy's ax10. FWIW
troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #4

upgrades will happen. But I really want to get something cheap and I can run. I'm one of those "upgrade it when it breaks" guys.

I think I like the creeper. Looks like youtube has a video of it with that ezrun combo 32t 1200kv in it. I think a 3s battery as well. I have a waterproof servo out of one of my traxxas trucks. Good enough for now at least.

I haven't been able to find much info on the ezrun combo. Unless i'm entering my search terms wrong.

So do you think a creep with the ezrun system will be good. The temps and stuff are what I am worried about. Just want to get my starting point started. I think the ezrun combo is a 35amp esc. I can get a small 3s 1300mah pack with 40c. So I think I have my christmas list right there, unless you guys think I should go a different way.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #5

Maybe not all the way done.

Looks like I will go with the creeper and the ezrun 35a esc, but I need to get an outrunner motor. And still stay with a 3s lipo. So now I need to figure out what size outrunner to get.