Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Newbie here and got some questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #1

Default Newbie here and got some questions

hey everyone im new here and im very intersted in getting into rc rock crawling i have been into RC'S for about 2 years now i am 17 and live in massachussetts i have a nitro rustler and a mini-t but i am getting rid of bolth to get some money to get a truck to create a rock crawler i am hoping to have a least right now when i sell bolth to get about $200 so im thinking of getting a truck of ebay and fixing it up if nessicary then making it into a rock crawler but i wanted to know whats a fun truck to work with that would work with my price range and i may be able to make some more money for parts and stuff but im just looking for a truck to start off. any suggestions? i was looking at a txt-1 and a tlt-1 the txt looks to expencive and the tlt needs electronics if u buy it stock but im really not shure what to do any opinons would be great thanks
matt162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

If money is an issue go with a tlt.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #3

honestley money is really that much of an issue i mean id rather save up some more money if need be for a better truck then wast my money on a truck that u really cant do to much to but if u still think the tlt is better then what should i look for when i go looking for electronics
Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
2006 2.2 National Champ

I own a few different crawlers and my TLT gets driven more then all the others combined. They look alot more scale then most rigs and the performance is amazing.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #5

now that i think im gonna go with the tlt-1 what should i do with the chassie i noticed its very big and it low to the ground should i make my own chassie or can i buy other products to make it look bigger? im just wonderng here i really am not shure quiet what i wanna do
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
2006 2.2 National Champ

The TLT kit is 1/18th scale, but we stretch them out to 1/10th scale. They usually run a wheelbase of around 12", that wheelbase usually looks scale to the Maxx sized bodies.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #7

hey thanks for the info guys i just found some info o building a rock crawler out of a tlt and the info has helped alot http://www.rccaraction.com/online_ex/tltrockclimber.asp on my descition i am gonna get the tlt but now the biggest question is what electronics should i get for cheep
Old 06-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #8
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt162
hey thanks for the info guys i just found some info o building a rock crawler out of a tlt and the info has helped alot http://www.rccaraction.com/online_ex/tltrockclimber.asp on my descition i am gonna get the tlt but now the biggest question is what electronics should i get for cheep
I'd go by this link, it'll perfrom alot better.
FAQ: TLT-1 to TLT-Crawler ***NEWBIES READ!!!***
Old 06-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #9

hey thanks for the info im jsut courieus but what are u using for electronics in yours like esc battery and motor