Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Suspension Database Springs and Shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Suspension Database Springs and Shocks

After 3 days of using the search button, which I have yet to finish, I thought it might be a good idea to ask for directions. I have been searching for spring and shock dimensions, and mostly what I have come across is just suggestions on what springs you could use from aftermarket parts or from other members who have a lot of spares from their other rigs that could fit on other rigs. Is there a Spring and shock database somewhere here on RCC site I mean there must be right if I am not mistaken the site is at least ten years running strong, and if so please direct me there, and if not PM me of others if it doesn't conform to RCC rules.

It maybe premature to assume that there isn't one and if so it begs the question why not. I'm big on the details as I think most member are here specially the builders and so for me the first thing I try to determine are dimensions whether it be width, height, thickness, volume, angle, hardness and so on and so forth.

Please help a 2 month newbie out I have been searching for 5 days for springs for my YXL RTR. Below is YXL RTR factory specs, any brand will do as long as it has these specs, any length will do I can always do dual coil setup if too short.

All measurements +/- 1 mm
Axial Yeti XL RTR

Springs: Length 4.29" (109 mm)
Dia. Outer 1.047" (26.6 mm)
Dia. Inner 0.905" (23 mm)

Shock Body: Length: 2.7" (68 mm)
Outer Diameter: 0.79" (20 mm)

Shock piston 16 mm
Shock Shaft Width: 4 mm
Length: 83 mm

OAL eye to eye 5.9" (150 mm) :6" (152.5 mm) tip to tip

It would be nice if there was a database on this site that outlines the dimensions of different shocks and springs from different RC makes and models and even aftermarket, maybe more comprehensive than what's above. and if not then, its time RCC had one.

But as I have mentioned above and if I wasn't clear enough, I'm just a noob whose been looking for 5 days, just stopping by to ask for directions. If there is a thread here that already started this direct me there please or PM me link if posting it violates RCC rules.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Suspension Database Springs and Shocks

I've never seen one. Spring/shock tuning isn't quite as important here as it is on a race rig.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I see your point, most crawling vids and tutorials I watched emphasize the value of suspension on the front where it needs the tires to dig in. I do agree that suspension tuning is more racing than crawling but wouldn't it benefit scale builders as well for a more authentic scale look rather than just slapping on whatever is available on hand?

I hope the admins won't mind if I continue posting my findings on this thread, not close it prematurely and I encourage others that they may post their equipment's specifications as well, maybe someday someone might find it useful.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
Suck it up!

There would be some benefit, but the variables are huge, and there is a lot of personal preference.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suspension Database Springs and Shocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with suspension: stiffer springs needed on custom build cragv 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 07-25-2014 03:30 PM
suspension feels very stiff (big bore, losi white springs, 45wt oil) GSRswapandslow Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 04-29-2009 11:58 AM
Suspension- No springs, Just Oil- Thoughts? 71CutlassS Newbie General 16 07-25-2008 11:32 AM