Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: maxstone 8 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #1

Default maxstone 8 ?

My friend bought one, seems nice and climbs most anything you point it at. I want a 1/8 scale crawler but just don't know how a 1/8 would compare to 1/10 such as a axial wraith which really catches my eye. I haven't seen a 1/10 scale in action so could someone tell me how they compare on rocks and loose hills. Any info will be appreciated.
jeffmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: maxstone 8 ?

the wraith isn't much of a crawler.
out of the box most any crawler wont preform to its full potential.
it comes down to what your expecting out of it. if your looking to climb anything in the way, 8th or 10th comp style trucks the way to go. trail running with some mild crawling,scale truck looks. scx10,wraith something along those lines.
also consider what your local hobby shop stocks parts for. exceed trucks only have mail order parts support.
if this is going to be your first RC,seriously consider one for a reputable name, it will cost more up front, but you will end up happier in the end.
if you got to have 8th scale,look in to the integy I rock,there not the best name out there, but you can get it RTR and every hobby shop out there can get integy parts, and its not to much more cash than the exceed truck

it sucks paying 6 bucks to ship a 3 dollar part that you wont see for a week or longer

hit youtube and search RC crawler videos. keep in mind alot of what you will see has been modified from stock. once you tune into a rc crack head, we got ya for life. there is NO CURE,or anyway out. we HAVE to modify em
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote

maxstone 8 ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exceed maxstone 10 snowshoebrue General Crawlers 96 04-19-2018 10:37 AM
My MaxStone 10 StreetShaker Newbie General 6 10-31-2012 03:12 PM
Maxstone 10: Landcruiser CruisinMT Videos! 3 02-13-2012 10:49 AM
ny one know about the maxstone crawlers? oneblacktj Newbie General 23 12-30-2010 05:21 PM
Exceed RC MaxStone prostock Superclass Crawlers 2 05-24-2010 11:05 AM