Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: would like your input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1

Default would like your input

i have been driving rc's since i was very young my cousin bought a axial ax10 a few months ago and i really like the crawler aspect very fun vehicles to drive so i started looking into buying one and was wondering what peoples input was on the venom safari creeper rtr? thank you very much
Jay$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: would like your input

For fun only, ok. For comping no.... Just check out the venom section and axial section(s)
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #3

thanks man and i didnt really plan on getting into comp crawling at least not yet it'll just be a beginner truck to get used to the whole thing
Jay$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

get an ax10. a stock one is great, and a heavily modded one is awesome. the possibilities for an ax10 are endless,and you wont regret it.
theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Get a venom creeper. Its a ax10 but cheaper. It will do everything you want to do plus more. I have mine and i havent put 30 bucks into it "driveshafts" and its great. Beats my friends wraith he has set up for crawling easy. It is a great kit. Check the venom creeper stickies. Rmdw has a great couple threads. He has got the creeper working amazing. Also, the upgrade you put on the ax10 will be the same as the creeper. C hubs, knuckles, lockouts, etc.
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Masonis, you may think your creeper can do anything an ax10 can but it's been proven time and time again that it can't. I owned one and when I got my first ax10 I never looked back. And of course it will beat a wraith, they're not made for crawling. I just don't want you to make this guy think that a creeper is so great and then he gets one and possibly one day decides to comp it and is unimpressed and regrets it. If you honestly think your creeper can do anything an ax can then go to a comp and let us know how you did with pics for proof. When you first start out almost any crawler seems good, when you actually start to comp and learn new techniques you realize each little problem with a rig, and that hasn't happened with you yet. The creeper is good, but no where near the ax10's performance. The creepers trans is the size of a softball for gods sake! The axial line of products also has 100% more aftermarket support.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

MASONIS, just another 12YO that thinks his is the best which is cool but its not

Last edited by crawlhog; 02-21-2012 at 08:56 AM.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Ax all the way! Or if you like the scaler scene a little more go with an scx 10. Both very very good trucks! Tons of aftermarket parts and pretty common!

And I'll put my scx up against a creeper any day!!!
shooter125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Masonis, you may think your creeper can do anything an ax10 can but it's been proven time and time again that it can't. I owned one and when I got my first ax10 I never looked back. And of course it will beat a wraith, they're not made for crawling. I just don't want you to make this guy think that a creeper is so great and then he gets one and possibly one day decides to comp it and is unimpressed and regrets it. If you honestly think your creeper can do anything an ax can then go to a comp and let us know how you did with pics for proof. When you first start out almost any crawler seems good, when you actually start to comp and learn new techniques you realize each little problem with a rig, and that hasn't happened with you yet. The creeper is good, but no where near the ax10's performance. The creepers trans is the size of a softball for gods sake! The axial line of products also has 100% more aftermarket support.
The ax10 and creeper are almost the exact same. Difference is like, tranny, chassis design.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
The ax10 and creeper are almost the exact same. Difference is like, tranny, chassis design.
So what you're saying is that they're completely different. Thats like me saying I'm just like a super hero, just without the powers. Also don't forget the axles, they're different too.

Last edited by ScaleFreak93; 02-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So what you're saying is that they're completely different. Thats like me saying I'm just like a super hero, just without the powers.
What makes the ax10 better? You can put a axial tranny in a creeper and then it is better.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Ok, then you have to deal with the axles, there is very little aftermarket support for them, and if it axial guts, is it still a creeper? You're not going to win this one, just like your other thread.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ok, then you have to deal with the axles, there is very little aftermarket support for them, and if it axial guts, is it still a creeper? You're not going to win this one, just like your other thread.
No im just wondering what makes a ax10 better.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Well you just said that if you add in an axial tranny it's better, that's saying that axial is better. Everything is just better designed with axial. I can start quoting the hundreds of reasons from your other thread if you'd like. I can also build on that list.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
No im just wondering what makes a ax10 better.
It just comes down to parts and the endless amounts of upgrades and versitilitly of the ax.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #16

Hi are u just planning on just driving it or going for scale and custom I think you should buole it your self if u buy it rtr u will just end up changing and fixing things I feal u should just build it the way u whant it the frist time good luck
gixxer6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Go with axial you won't regret it later. There's enuff parts support for them you could build an axial based rig with aftermarket parts alone. There's a reason venom Dosent have but a few die hard fans. And they started out selling there ( scaler) at over 300 bucks now there less then 200. To make one decent you need ummmm ........ Axial parts. sounds like venoms #1 fan masonis1 even thinks so.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbounder View Post
Go with axial you won't regret it later. There's enuff parts support for them you could build an axial based rig with aftermarket parts alone. There's a reason venom Dosent have but a few die hard fans. And they started out selling there ( scaler) at over 300 bucks now there less then 200. To make one decent you need ummmm ........ Axial parts. sounds like venoms #1 fan masonis1 even thinks so.
Go to the creeper section and tell them that.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Im so sick of people thinking the axil is better than the creeper , to each his own !! i think the only reason people get the axil is because there friends have them ,,,, im not backing any thing mason sAid ,,, AND why is it not for crawling ? i see people doing all kinds of stuff with there creepers , i see them doing stuff that axil cant do every day ,, i think the axil is a sweet crawler , i want one !! but dude so what , i have the best support with venom , they do all they can to progress there product
little does every one know , members of the creeper wagon are the ones building delrin parts , titanium , axles any thing to make it sweet,
axil is a sweet product , venom is a sweet product ,

its all about the driver , and the course , if you cant drive , your truck will not advance ,
i can go on an on but ill just say , i like the creeper i havent broke a single part , learn how to drive ,, this goes with 1to1 trucks also .

no problem still friend lol

Last edited by santa cruz crawler; 02-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
santa cruz crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Go to the creeper section and tell them that.
There are more of you creeper fans? And even a section???

would like your input - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need any input 93 FORD BRONCO Chit Chat 33 02-01-2010 03:20 PM
Would like your input 62PYRO Tires and Wheels 29 09-26-2007 09:06 AM
Need some input BlueMonster Electronics 3 12-09-2006 05:01 AM