Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #1

Default Xr10 wheels

Can't seem to keep tires on rims
Kenny b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Xr10 wheels

Cool story bro Are you just telling us? What tires? Have you searched?
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
Cool story bro Are you just telling us? What tires? Have you searched?

"Ask newbie crawler questions here, without fear of being flamed!"

Kenny, some more detail or pic's would be helpful

Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #4

Stock rims with chisel tires the bead locks arn't locking on the front bead tires just pull out
Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Are you able to tighten the ring down all the way?

One trick that might help is using an old rim or spray can lid to set the wheel on. This lets you push the tire down and get the bead lined up before putting the ring on. Then it gives you a firm surface to push the ring against and hold the bead in place. Put in a couple screws and tighten them part way down to hold it and then start the rest.

Sometimes it's just a pain but they will work

Welcome to RCC btw...
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #6

Yelp tried that rings have been going all the way down but pushing tire out as I tightin ring . It seems like I can't get tire in the grove ( plus had to replace screws in rim)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

You know I had some trouble with the chisels as well, what I ended up doing was just massaging the bead in and using a few little dots of shoe goo to keep the bead seated Another tire you may run into this problem with is the losi boss claw for future reference. And Hardline, I wasn't flaming
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleFreak93 View Post
You know I had some trouble with the chisels as well, what I ended up doing was just massaging the bead in and using a few little dots of shoe goo to keep the bead seated Another tire you may run into this problem with is the losi boss claw for future reference. And Hardline, I wasn't flaming
What about the comp claws? I have them on my xr and the one doesn't stay put too well.
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler23 View Post
What about the comp claws? I have them on my xr and the one doesn't stay put too well.
I personally never used the comp claws on the stock rims but know others that have and they don't seem to be having trouble with them. Is it only one that you're having trouble with? Is the rim stripped if it is only one? Also is it the face or the back that you're having trouble with?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Well the front two are kinda giving me trouble. It's the outside of the tire facing away from the chassis are the ones that
come out.
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

the stock xr10 wheel screws suck. buy a bunch of new ones, or drill/tap the wheels to 3mm. that said, the biggest thing is to make sure the bead of the tire is being locked into the groove in the wheel. if you don't get it in there, the tire will just pull off the rim no matter how tight you get the screws. best thing is a really good light, start 3 screws in the beadlock, just enough to get them down to the ring. now look between the ring and the wheel and make sure the tire bead is in the groove. if it's not push/pull/wiggle it until you see the tire bead in the groove. now tighten the screws down a little at a time. each time you move to the next screw, look and make sure the tire bead is still in the groove. once you get all three screws tightend down fully then check the tire. it should be secure. not gorilla secure, but you should be able to take the palms of your had and fold the tire over to see if it's secured by the beadlock ring. if it is good all the way around, put in the remaining screws.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I feel your pain - first time I tried - it was a b_otch. Put a little spit (yes I said spit) or dishwashing liquid on the tire bead (not too much). push it in the bead of the wheel. Put a TINY drop of super glue to hold it. Move a round the rim a couple inches - more spit or dishwashing liquid to get the tire bead set - another drop of super glue. Use a toothpick witha tiny drop on the end. They screw in the ring while pushing on the back said of the rim.
bbking9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Xr10 wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
berg offset/ 225hub vp wheels, xr10 wheels jthellfire911 Axial Wraith 0 01-19-2012 11:31 PM