Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: BEC set up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #1

Default BEC set up

Hey everyone,

I am a newbie to rock crawling and have BEC wiring question. First off I have a MOA super crawler with two servos, two batteries, two brushless motors and two mamba max pro esc's. My question is, how do I wire up my CC BEC 10amp to the setup I have mentioned? A diagram would be of great help to me, if theres anyone that can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!! I've been all over internet searching and cant find the wiring diagram for this particular setup I have. THANK YOU!!
Jay Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: BEC set up

Off topic a bit....not sure why you need 2 batteries, one should likely be enough.

Anyway, you have a single BEC? What servos are you running? A single 10A BEC may not be enough for 2 high torque servos.

One way is to just plug the BEC output into the RX (using an open port......). Make sure you remove the red wires from the ESC to RX connection so you are not running 3 BEC's into the RX. Don't cut the red wires off, just remove from the plug and cover in tape.

An alternative is to run 2 BEC's, one to each servo direct. There are diagrams in the electronics forum in one of the stickies.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #3

About the 2 batteries, im running 2 2s 1600mah lipo's, i guess i did that because they fit perfect on the axles to counter weight the servos and to have a longer run time.

I've unplugged both the red wires from the ESC's, plugged the BEC into the battery port of my RX. I just dont know how to wire the battery connections from the BEC to the 2 batteries going to the ESC's?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mysterio View Post
About the 2 batteries, im running 2 2s 1600mah lipo's, i guess i did that because they fit perfect on the axles to counter weight the servos and to have a longer run time.

I've unplugged both the red wires from the ESC's, plugged the BEC into the battery port of my RX. I just dont know how to wire the battery connections from the BEC to the 2 batteries going to the ESC's?
I would just wire it to one or the other, too much headache to tie everything together.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #5

Ok I've done that, hook BEC to just one of the batteries. But would I still need to have both the red wires pulled out of each ESC or just the ESC that the BEC is hooked up to? I have both removed as of now but the ESC that controls rear motor does not opperate, im pretty sure because i dont have the red wire on that esc plugged into the rx.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mysterio View Post
OK I've done that, hook BEC to just one of the batteries. But would I still need to have both the red wires pulled out of each ESC or just the ESC that the BEC is hooked up to? I have both removed as of now but the ESC that controls rear motor does not operate, I'm pretty sure because I don't have the red wire on that ESC plugged into the RX.
The pack wires power the ESC's, the red wire from the ESC's to the RX powers the RX, since the BEC is plugged into the RX, you do NOT need the ESC to RX red wires.

Did you calibrate both ESC's to the RX??
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I would think you have an ESC problem or radio programming problem at this point. There is no need for the red wire for the ESC to operate, it only powers the RX.

Swap slots for the ESC plugs and see if the problem follows the ESC or the RX slot and that will tell you where the problem is.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #8

If your running high torque servos you might want to go with 2 bec instead of just the one 10amp. I do not like to run my servo current draw through my receiver. There are several diagrams on here for wiring up your servos to the bec direct. I use wiring harness y and pull the red wire plugged into channel one. Then plug the bec into one side of the y and the servo into the other plug of the y harness. Just a thought.
agbracing is offline   Reply With Quote

BEC set up - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRXL+Castle Link+Bec=? How do i set BEC? crazyorigin Electronics 17 11-21-2011 03:11 PM
How do i set up the cc bec geekfreek95 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 11-30-2010 04:09 AM
How many volt should I set my BEC samguan Electronics 5 06-03-2010 10:48 AM
Where to set the castle bec? tim the toolman Electronics 4 05-25-2008 10:20 PM
BEC set up question Lt. Dan Electronics 5 10-14-2005 08:38 PM