Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: i can't decide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #1

Default i can't decide.

I'm new to the crawling/trail thing but feel drawn to it. The problem is I have no idea on which one to get. I would like a truck that can do a little bit of everything. I also need one that doesn't need a lot of mods and upgrades right of the bat. I can handle a kit as I have a esc and spare radio already. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
rc-bashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: i can't decide.

I suggest you start looking through the scale sections here and searching as this has been covered. The best choice for a good all around rig is an SCX-10.
ScaleFreak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

the scx-10 is a good truck to do it all, its a good starting point, you can mod for better rock ability or mod for scale trailing, either way out of the box its ready for both, i have a venom creeper converted to a trail/rock truck and when i started i had the same dilemma as you, i wanted to be able to get twisted up in the rocks and be trail friendly as well, it all comes down to the research bro, just read up, and read up, and read up some more, and ask ALL the questions you need to before you drop a couple benji's on a kit, that way your happy with what you got and you know what you want to do and where you want to take your build. goodluck
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Creeper View Post
the scx-10 is a good truck to do it all, its a good starting point, you can mod for better rock ability or mod for scale trailing, either way out of the box its ready for both, i have a venom creeper converted to a trail/rock truck and when i started i had the same dilemma as you, i wanted to be able to get twisted up in the rocks and be trail friendly as well, it all comes down to the research bro, just read up, and read up, and read up some more, and ask ALL the questions you need to before you drop a couple benji's on a kit, that way your happy with what you got and you know what you want to do and where you want to take your build. goodluck

Good advice!

How do you like the venom creeper? I was thinking of getting one of those as a backup rig because they are so inexpensive.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote

i can't decide. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cannot decide..... jetbuilder Team Losi Comp Crawler 34 01-12-2010 08:29 AM
How did you decide on your first? Sydwaiz Newbie General 31 03-13-2009 01:28 AM
Help me decide All_Rise_05 Newbie General 8 09-30-2008 09:08 PM
Help me decide Illeagle Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 09-02-2008 10:02 PM