Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: !!!new scx10 onwer!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default !!!new scx10 onwer!! update!!

hi im bryan im new to crawling/trail trucks AND FORUM but not in rc's i just got me a scx10 honcho i did some upgrades like integy high clerance links leve 3 steering link hr 120mm shocks but i got level 3 rc shock mounts they ware too! long and had a alot of bindin has a proline cherokee body through armor rear bumper and roof rack and 1.9 komodos rims and tires also water proofed the truck sure now things i need help with is drive shalfts is there any better ones with more angle than stock ones what type of lipo will be good for the ae-2 im running a axial 55t motor but i i need more torque and speed i was thinking about two tekin 35t and a rc4wd dual motor ecs and level 3 dual motor plate but it dosent come with lipo cut off and also i think its too! top heavy im on rock crawling and thats it i have 4 rc's more like the baja 5b slash 2wd vxl traxxas 4 tec with os 18tm losi lst2

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THE UPGRADES!

THANKS

new proline jk body

relocated the baterry and got a radio shack project box still waiting on a tekin 45t motor upper solid links

got me a 2s 7.4v lipo

my first attempt to make some scale rope let me know what you guys think

got a smaller box the other box was way to big and heavy

also i would like to show you guys my slash 2wd rpm bumpers front and rear arms shock towers aluminum hubs all around anluminum caster blocks mamba max pro sct vxl motor i painted the silverado body and j comcepts wheels and proline bad lands strc lcg chassis mmp driveshalfts and aluminum tranny traxxas big bores

Last edited by bryan_crawler; 09-18-2012 at 11:48 PM.
bryan_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: !!!new scx10 onwer!!

welcome im new to the rc crawler world but had a bunch of different rc growing up this is a nice crawler. where is the honcho body you wanna sell it to me lol
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #3

The MIP driveshafts are the ones to get.
kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post

Thanks ill place and order asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
welcome im new to the rc crawler world but had a bunch of different rc growing up this is a nice crawler. where is the honcho body you wanna sell it to me lol

Yeah i still have the honcho body but it dosent have fenders like the jeep

Last edited by THX_138; 09-07-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
I run them in in my Wraith without any issues and will use them in my SCX10 when it arrives.

They feel like a bloody tough bit of gear and i'd be shocked if someone managed to strip one!
kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Read this thread:

Morph's first build - Dingo Defender

Morphias explains very well what your issue is with the driveshafts. Replacing them with MIP's will NOT solve the issue. I run Mip's on a few of my SCX's. They are strong but actually have less usable joint angle then the stock ones do. They will bind at less of an angle. They are a worthy upgrade for sure, but will not solve binding issues with the stock shaft angle being too great. What you need to do is adjust your upper links to get your pinion angle(s) in a usable range. Lengthening your uppers is what will help you. I adjust all of my rigs so the driveshaft is even or above the lower links where possible. Good luck.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
Read this thread:

Morphias explains very well what your issue is with the driveshafts. Replacing them with MIP's will NOT solve the issue. I run Mip's on a few of my SCX's. They are strong but actually have less usable joint angle then the stock ones do. They will bind at less of an angle. They are a worthy upgrade for sure, but will not solve binding issues with the stock shaft angle being too great. What you need to do is adjust your upper links to get your pinion angle(s) in a usable range. Lengthening your uppers is what will help you. I adjust all of my rigs so the driveshaft is even or above the lower links where possible. Good luck.
great advice! the right drive line angles are crucial in this hobby.

sweet looking rig dude. nice cuts on the fender wells

Last edited by THX_138; 09-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.
DemetriM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I am running a 17.5 motor sensored and a mamba max pro in mine running 3s with a 17 tooth pinion and I can't imagine more power needed. It would be alot lighter than the dual motors and not need rebuilds and such as the brushed motors.

You could prolly run a 27-35 turn homles or brood handwound motor on 3s and have great power as well.
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Thanks man really helped me im running a 3 link in the front thats where i had all the bindin so what did is got a longer screw with some spacers that came with the front steering link and no more bindin issues but still getting the mips thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
Read this thread:

Thanks glad you like it i got the honcho used from craigslist and the guy i got it from he didnt know how to cut the body thats why i cut the fenders and make holes also he painted the body from the outside lol but i just took the sticker and painted it from the inside but hey just placed a order for a new proline jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemetriM View Post
sweet looking rig dude. nice cuts on the fender wells
Can i use a 3s lipo on the stock axial ae-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
I am running a 17.5 motor sensored and a mamba max pro in mine running 3s with a 17 tooth pinion and I can't imagine more power needed. It would be alot lighter than the dual motors and not need rebuilds and such as the brushed motors.

You could prolly run a 27-35 turn homles or brood handwound motor on 3s and have great power as well.

Last edited by THX_138; 09-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Yes if you add a castle 10amp bec, you might want to get a castle link and set the cutoff to 3s in the voltage cutoff

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes if you add a castle 10amp bec, you might want to get a castle link and set the cutoff to 3s in the voltage cutoff

?

The only setting available is output voltage. Usually lipo cutoff is standard in castle controllers as an auto lipo setting.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Yeah the castle link is to adjust speedo, not really a must though

Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah the castle link is to adjust speedo, not really a must though

It's also used for the 10amp bec to adjust output voltage only...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #14

nice truck man looks good
K4G3 is offline   Reply With Quote

!!!new scx10 onwer!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need width of scx10 axles with 650 SLW hubs and/or 750? Pondering wraith vs scx10. Desert Rc General Scale Talk 6 06-25-2012 05:28 PM
T.O.M's SCX10 - The True Power of Axials SCX10 stewbaru Axial SCX-10 4 08-17-2011 07:30 PM
Will SCX10 Honcho Kit Parts Fit on Older SCX10? alexchen86 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 12-23-2009 03:56 PM