RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Cappu Engineering. Ever heard of them? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/403463-cappu-engineering-ever-heard-them.html)

Atchley 09-19-2012 07:08 AM

Cappu Engineering. Ever heard of them?

I'm looking to upgrade my Chubs and knuckles on my wraith and ran across Cappu Engineering Chubs on ebay. I was wondering if anyone ever heard of them or had any experience with them. They are fairly cheap at 13.59 plus shipping. TIA!

Atchley 09-20-2012 08:27 AM

Re: Cappu Engineering. Ever heard of them?

No one?

flyboy1900 09-20-2012 09:02 PM

I've been wondering the same thing...I'm new and wanna start building without spending a fortune!

Atchley 09-21-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyboy1900 (Post 3927185)
I've been wondering the same thing...I'm new and wanna start building without spending a fortune!

Since no one has an opinion on them I'd say go for it. I may order a set soon and try them out.

ik632 09-21-2012 02:42 PM

It's rebranded Integy stuff. The place that sells it on eBay isn't too bad. The stuff I bought shipped and took a while (about a month to show up) and I was also charged an international exchange fee on the PayPal transaction. They do have more colors of the stuff, but you can search for Integy parts on eBay if you want to save money (and buy it from someone in the US so it ships faster).

Just remember, most people will tell you that you should buy high quality once and inexpensive a few times. I don't know if I totally agree because the stuff I have picked up doesn't seem bad (though it's only been on my Wraith for a few days now).

monkeymagic9 09-21-2012 08:58 PM

^j/w how much was the international exchange fee??

are we talking $10 on a $4 order or $0.33 on a $50 order

ik632 09-22-2012 04:42 PM

I think it's 3%. It's not much, but the seller claims that they accept USD and shouldn't charge that. Paypal argues that since they are in China there's an exchange fee. Just buy from someone in the states that sells the Integy stuff. You'll get it faster and won't have to worry about the international fees. Again, those guys were good, but the guy was pretty short when I asked him why I was charged the fees. I gave him positive feedback and may buy from him again, but not sure. I think there are several ebay shops that are represented on the board that sell that stuff.

Atchley 09-22-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ik632 (Post 3928240)
It's rebranded Integy stuff. The place that sells it on eBay isn't too bad. The stuff I bought shipped and took a while (about a month to show up) and I was also charged an international exchange fee on the PayPal transaction. They do have more colors of the stuff, but you can search for Integy parts on eBay if you want to save money (and buy it from someone in the US so it ships faster).

Just remember, most people will tell you that you should buy high quality once and inexpensive a few times. I don't know if I totally agree because the stuff I have picked up doesn't seem bad (though it's only been on my Wraith for a few days now).

Thanks for the info. I think i do what you said and try somewhere else.

rccrawler807 02-01-2013 08:32 PM

i have c-hubs, knuckles, rear lock outs and piggy back shocks from cappu. i found them to be a great price and quality. by the way; i have verry simular shocks from integy and they are not even close to the same quality. i will continue using cappu in the future.8)

johny boy 10-06-2013 08:56 PM

I've purchased several items from Cappu. The shocks for the baja 5b I believe are more well made than stock HPI. The shaft is thicker. the ball end of the shock bottom threads off, the piston is cnc machined and one piece, and all stock replacement parts work with the shock.

ChronicCrawler 04-25-2014 12:18 PM

I will be trying out some Cappu parts on my wraith , they have a nice looking front bumper for 25$ with shipping.

Anyone find anything bad about the brand yet?

SINister 04-25-2014 12:38 PM

I have tried the Cappu clamping servo arm and I just put their alum trans case in my SCX10. The arm was $6 shipped and every bit as good as a Robitronics or other $15-20 arm. Ordered a 2nd one at that price. The alum trans case seems to be ok though I haven't put any power through it. I wasn't charged anything extra for shipping and both parts came from HK in about 1-2 weeks.