RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   !!!!sdrawckab (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/44130-sdrawckab.html)

Canadian Crawler 09-20-2006 06:26 PM

!!!!sdrawckab

I think i could snap here.
So i got the tlt all thrown together, it rained like hell for the past few days so i wanted to go out and play. So i go for a bit of a walk and go to my spot, well i put the truck on the ground and went to mash the throttle to go forwards.......and what happenes?????? I GO BACKWARDS!!!! my steering is backwards as well, so forward is reverse, reverse is forward, left is right, and right is left. So puzzled i packed up my stuff and proceeded home, put the truck on my hobby table to check what the hell is going on.....plug a battery into it mash the throttle, eureka she goes forward when i mashed the forward throttle........but now the damn steering is still reversed.......what the fawk is going on???

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

ESC: LRP quantum runner plus 15t
Reciever: Airtronics sanwa thing
Transmitter: Airtronics blazer sport

K_B 09-20-2006 06:30 PM

Sound like you need to flip the servo reverse switch on the transmitter

Unholy 09-20-2006 06:32 PM

I'm going with the easiest thing...

You do know you have switches to reverse the throttle and steering channels right??

Canadian Crawler 09-20-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_B
Sound like you need to flip the servo reverse switch on the transmitter

Now i feel like a retard lol

But could there be any explination as to why everything was suddenly reversed after i left the house. I tested everything before i left and it worked great.....i get to the spot and its all backwards

But yeah that worked thanks.....id still like to know why this happened though.

Thanks again K B

Unholy 09-20-2006 06:36 PM

My guess is the switches got bumped and reversed you...

Canadian Crawler 09-20-2006 06:42 PM

odd since i carried the radio in my hand and they where in the normal position, now its in the reversed slot....whatever it works now. Now im going to go back out and try this again

TerribleOne 09-20-2006 06:47 PM

For the esc problem that you had, Those LRP runners are automatic, aka junk. Just keep unplugging the battery, and plugging it back in a few times, It should correct its self. Mine does the same thing all the time, drives me nuts:x

Canadian Crawler 09-20-2006 07:29 PM

yeah the LRP was cheap and i needed an ESC for my tlt.....i had one of those STUPID *** servo controlled speed contoller in my mu type x.
it was 44 bucks......i couldnt afford to throw all that money down on a rooster.......yet, But thanks for the tip

On a different note there is no way to shorten the time it takes for reverse to kick in is there? i have to hold it in reverse for about a second or 2 before reverse kicks in. Im thinking there isnt but maybe there is some godly trick out there, but im not holding my breath. Thanks for the help guys.

P.S i know this is probably going to sound SUPER stupid but why is it i no longer need a AA 4pack plugged into the reciever......i can remember when i was a kid these things where essential, now im not even using the 4 pack and switch.

Thanks again

Brian

SVEN 09-20-2006 07:44 PM

The ESC has a BEC, aka Battery Eliminator Circuit. It basically eliminates the need for that reciever pack you were used to. It provides power to the servo(s) and receiver.

TerribleOne 09-20-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Crawler
On a different note there is no way to shorten the time it takes for reverse to kick in is there?
Brian

Nope, your stuck with the reverse delay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Crawler
P.S i know this is probably going to sound SUPER stupid but why is it i no longer need a AA 4pack plugged into the reciever......i can remember when i was a kid these things where essential, now im not even using the 4 pack and switch.

That was back in the old days when Esc's or Msc's didnt have BEC. The Esc send power to the servo, you can run a RX battery pack, but you dont need to.

Canadian Crawler 09-20-2006 07:56 PM

Well things have changed since i used to race.....well time to learn everything over again.

Thanks for the help guys

rockwerks 09-20-2006 08:02 PM

welcome grampa!