Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Junfac XD Shock Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #1

Default Junfac XD Shock Mod

Hey everybody. I have an Axial SCX10 Honcho and I upgraded the shocks to the Junfac/Gmade 93mm XD Piggyback shocks. I admit beforehand that my decision was based purely on looks. I wasn't too impressed when I first tried them because I felt the suspension was too stiff, causing my truck to constantly rollover at steep angles. I switched to the softer springs, which was an improvement, but still not to my liking. I then switched to the 4-hole pistons and I'm still not happy. Now, I know some will recommend switching back to the stock shocks, and I'm tempted, but I already spent the money on the XD's and waited 2-weeks for the springs to come from Korea (or something) and would like to stick with 'em. So, I was wondering if any other fellow crawlers were using this same set-up and what they do or have done to remedy it. I was also wondering if drilling out the holes on the shock piston would help because these are considered big-bores and are massive compared to the stock Axial's. I was thinking this would help to soften things up a bit. Any help would be appreciated and thanks to everyone in advance.
The Bald Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Junfac XD Shock Mod

Got a set of the regular xd's in 93mm, they work well for me. Wouldn't recommend the shock oil they included though.

What's the weight of your rig? Which shock oil did you use?
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #3

Default Re: Junfac XD Shock Mod

I forgot to mention that I am using Losi 17wt. I agree, the stock fluid is too much. That was the first thing I changed actually.

Last edited by The Bald Wonder; 05-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.
The Bald Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Junfac XD Shock Mod - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Junfac Gmade XD Piggyback Shock 103mm josborne024 Axial SCX-10 6 06-19-2012 07:34 AM
Idea/mod for those running junfac wideners RickM Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 02-07-2011 12:44 AM