Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: AE2 ESC to Receiver wire/cable polarity & AE2 ESC switch position.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #1

Question AE2 ESC to Receiver wire/cable polarity & AE2 ESC switch position.

Hi .Well I am right now in the process of building a SCX 10 dingo.I need to know the polarity of the wires ( leading to the receiver ) the brown, red and yellow from the AE-2 ESC. I don't see any markings on it.

Secondly how do I determine the "ON " and " OFF " position of the ESC switch? Again I don't see any markings on the switch.I need to know this for the first time set up of ESC isn't it?Pls let me know about these queries.

Last edited by Tread Well; 06-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Tread Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: AE2 ESC to Receiver wire/cable polarity & AE2 ESC switch position.

Brown wire goes to the outside. It's essentially the same as this one:

For the switch, make sure your motor wires are hooked up and when you plug the battery in the first time, if the ESC turns on, then switch is in wrong direction. Just flip it the other way. It won't hurt anything.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #3

Question Re: AE2 ESC to Receiver wire/cable polarity & AE2 ESC switch position.

Thanks.But brown goes outside you said.which one right or left , s or ( -ve ) on the receiver?I have markings on my receiver.Its the wires from my AE2 which doesn't have .And are the colour coding (brown,red &yellow ) from ESCs a "standard" ?
Or should I follow the same orientation / direction as marked for the battery on my Ae2 ESC?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread Well View Post
And are the colour coding (brown,red &yellow ) from ESCs a "standard" ?
Yup, pretty well standardized nowadays.

Quote:
But brown goes outside you said.which one right or left , s or ( -ve ) on the receiver?
Black/brown (neg.) towards the outer edge of the receiver, furthest away from the center. White/yellow (signal) towards the center of the receiver. Unless your receiver is marked differently.

As far as the switch, pick a position, if the ESC starts beeping at you as you're plugging in your battery, you'll know that was 'On', just simply turn it off. Then you can hold your trigger and turn it back on for calibrating.

Quote:
Or should I follow the same orientation / direction as marked for the battery on my Ae2 ESC?
No idea what you're trying to say with this.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Brown or black are always negative for servos or ESC.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #6

[/IMG]

Well from the image of my Axial AE-2 ESC you can see that I have Brown,Red and Yellow wires leading to the receiver.Now Am I to assume that Brown (Faded on photo) on the far right to be considered as -ve as the ESC to battery lead (as marked on the image) is also on the right side and then as the next wire " Red " on the left (middle) to be +ve and since the only one left out to be assumed as " SIGNAL " wire?Well if I had to guess, its a wild guess for someone like me a ...rc starter!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread Well View Post
Well from the image of my Axial AE-2 ESC you can see that I have Brown,Red and Yellow wires leading to the receiver.

Now Am I to assume that Brown (Faded on photo) on the far right to be considered as -ve as the ESC to battery lead (as marked on the image) is also on the right side

Don't go by proximity, the closest to your Neg battery post isn't necessarily going to be negative. Black, brown, and blue are the only three colors I've seen used on the negative circuit in the last 25+ years.

and then as the next wire " Red " on the left (middle) to be +ve

Yup, red or orange are typically Positive circuit colors.

and since the only one left out to be assumed as " SIGNAL " wire?

Again, 'thats the only one left, it must be...' isn't very accurate. White, yellow, and tan are generally use for signal curcuits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread Well
I have markings on my receiver.
Then in your specific case, your (faded) brown would go on your " - " pin, your yellow would go on your signal " S " pin, and your red would go on your " + " pin,
*UNLESS* you want to hook up an external BEC to your receiver, in which case the red doesn't get connected to any pin.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #8

Thanks man.appreciated.well can't they just mark it like the batt terminals instead of making newbies go in circles.

AE2 ESC to Receiver wire/cable polarity & AE2 ESC switch position. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to waterproof your AE2 ESC, AR2 Receiver and LED light board. noremacyug Electronics 9 07-09-2013 11:54 AM
ae2 esc ? chazekxt Electronics 13 06-24-2012 10:03 PM
RX pack & ESC, remove the red wire or leave the ESC switch off BenW Electronics 5 02-23-2005 06:25 PM