RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   RC4WD winch question... Newb! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/450235-rc4wd-winch-question-newb.html)

NormanAbsher 06-22-2013 05:32 AM

RC4WD winch question... Newb!

So this is prob an easy question for most but I don't understand it.. I am looking in to a rc4wd winch without remote... So ill need a 3 position 3rd channel... Soo here's my question... Do I have a 3 position 3rd channel? I'm running a spektrum dx4s....

Sorry if this is stupid!

OH91awd 06-23-2013 09:09 AM

All you have to do is check the other channels and see if they have two other positions besides the neutral (off) position.

mjc597 06-23-2013 09:34 AM

Do youhave the manual for the radio? That will tell you, also you could do a search for what you need to know. I think the dx4s has 3 position 3rd and 4th channels.

-sent from my smarter than me phone

Twist n Broke 06-23-2013 02:17 PM

Re: RC4WD winch question... Newb!

Correct me if I am wrong but the 4 in DX4S means 4 channels. So yes you have 3 channels.

OH91awd 06-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twist n Broke (Post 4372379)
Correct me if I am wrong but the 4 in DX4S means 4 channels. So yes you have 3 channels.

The number of channels isn't the problem.. It being a two position or 3 position switch on a channel is..

Trubble 06-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NormanAbsher (Post 4371116)
So this is prob an easy question for most but I don't understand it. Sorry if this is stupid! I'm running a spektrum dx4s....

Not really stupid at all. I just went and tried to make heads or tails of that manual...... :???::?::|:?::x

Quote:

... So ill need a 3 position 3rd channel... ... Do I have a 3 position 3rd channel?
I can't tell from the manual. You probably have your A switch set up as throttle trim right now, and probably B switch for steering trim. Check your C and D switches, do they feel the same as A & B? (ie, centered with 'On positions on both sides) Or do they feel like simple two position On-Off switches? (My wife's DX3s has a two position third channel, don't know what you have.)

Even if C & D are two position switches, there's still a couple options.
HeyOk has a winch controller for two position switches.
Or, another option is it looks like you can commandeer your A & B switches and use one of those. I run all my throttles at '0' trim and don't generally need to adjust them, so I'd snag the A switch (if that's your current throttle trim) and use that switch for your winch.

elmerive 06-28-2013 12:45 PM

I have a traxxas TQI from a summit and was wanted to use the locker channel but I don't know if it would work

mike7418 07-18-2013 08:49 AM

I just hooked up a bulldog winch to my dx3c. It works but in neutral position the winch is still running slower speed but it is still running. Is there anyway to set neutral position to 0v on the DX3c or is there an adjustment on the winch controller in the wiring? My only other option is to splice in a toggle switch, I really don't want to do that it takes away from the realism factor.

mike7418 07-18-2013 09:54 AM

NM.. I found the fix. went into the Sub Trim function for the AUX (Ch3) Had to set it to around H57 before it would stop running:ror:

NormanAbsher 07-28-2013 01:27 AM

Thanks for the help on here guys I did figure it all out