RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   What do you pack for Trail runs & "Comp's" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/454481-what-do-you-pack-trail-runs-comps.html)

tobyjarett 07-23-2013 06:30 AM

What do you pack for Trail runs & "Comp's"

Seen this asked in other forums. Haven't seen it here so I thought I would ask for the NEWBIES maybe it will help someone else.

table
extra gear
some form of covering (shade)
Ect. Ect. Ect.

Hope this helps some folks who are thinking about going to Comp's or trail rides

Jus 07-23-2013 08:30 AM

Re: What do you pack for Trail runs & "Comp's"

I primarily do trail runs.

I carry a small pouch full of spare parts such as spur gears and drive shaft pins and grub screws. Also simple tools to work on the truck in the field. Hair ties and zip ties are also very handy to have as well.

Also spare AA batteries for my radio. Spare batteries for the truck. Bug spray, water, power bars for food, big trash bag to make into makeshift rain jacket if a storm rolls in. Small roll of TP in a zip lock bag.

KRAWL 07-23-2013 09:41 AM

My bad. Did not read thread title well. Mostly trail running, I wear a small camelback/backpack with allen wrenches, set screws, bearings, super glue, zip ties, small pliers, stainless fasteners, extra lipos for truck and radio, I carry all small parts in a small Plano box, sunglasses, smartphone and that's about it.

Topekacrawls 07-24-2013 08:58 AM

I take a backpack with a 1L water bottle, a bank deposit bag full of my tools, some radio batteries, sunblock, and bug repellant. If I know the trail is particularly treacherous and likely to break my rig I take some spare parts (Links, rod ends, tape) and misc hardware in a small plastic box. I also take a spare tow strap.

I always have my smartphone with a compass and satellite positioning application. The person above who said TP in a zip lock is a smart fellow too.

I also keep a gallon of water in the car in case I need refills or if someone else didn't come prepared.

k7zpj 07-24-2013 10:36 AM

I take a long a backpack with a little bit of food, water, tools, extra parts and first aid kit. If I am going out somewhere new or remote I add fire starter, compass, map, gps, radio, cell phone.

If I am running on public lands during fire season then I add a small axe and folding shovel. Makes the park rangers less unhappy about the RC.

tobyjarett 07-30-2013 07:20 AM

Thanks all that commented. hope this help newbies. Its not just about taking spare parts an batteries.

Rastaman 08-05-2013 08:34 AM

I'm come straight prepared as well, I got a Vw westfalia with all my tools,generator, water ,tp, stove, fridge and a bed for those campouts too..
The camel backpack with bladder for h2o, batteries, safety equipment for those safety meetings... And my little chihuahua...

kevco8201 08-06-2013 05:08 PM

K7zpj have you ever been ask to leave a area for running a rc by a ranger?

k7zpj 08-07-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevco8201 (Post 4429365)
K7zpj have you ever been ask to leave a area for running a rc by a ranger?

No I haven't. I have had a few that have watch me run the rig and one that invited me to the comp that the park people were doing on their off duty time.

I am always careful to make sure that rc's are not prohibited, that the rig stays on the trails, that it doesn't tear up the trails, to be careful in dry conditions and not impact other people's use of the trail. I also try to be friendly to people who want to watch and have occasional let some of the bystanders try driving my rig.

Deerhurst 08-08-2013 12:45 PM

I only do trail runs so far.

I grab:
Water
2-3 batteries even when I know once is enough
All the tools necessary to rip the truck down completely
I have a small tool box of tools, spare parts, screws, wires, servos, ESCs and motors. I can generally replace any small part on the truck in the field.
My radio. Ive forgotten this before.
Spare tires/wheels
Battery charger.

N00btunez 08-10-2013 10:26 AM

I carry a camel pack or what ever the thing is that has the water pack in it with some batteries.

mark32 08-10-2013 10:55 AM

tools spare axles (have tekin pro4 3300 in truck and it eats axles bad) spare battery, tx batts,charger,tools,water,wife,and camera,also good people to run with

Stick Crawles 08-10-2013 11:35 AM

To much stuff: I primarily do comps, table, all my tools, way to many spare parts, water, food, small cooler to keep items cold, a pop up tent, all my tires and wheels, like I said way to much stuff.