RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   What should i get (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/473099-what-should-i-get.html)

Brapindaily 12-09-2013 05:09 PM

What should i get

I am looking for a rc crawler/ basher i realize crawlers are not particularly fast but what would be the best one for me, I'm thinking if rtr, all suggestions and help will be appreciated. I am thinking of the axial scx10 and waterproof would be nice to but will put aftermarkets on it if necdecery.

SINister 12-09-2013 05:32 PM

Re: What should i get

SCX10 if your more into the scale side. Wraith if you want a mix of scale and speed/basher. Both are good rigs so you just need to decide which one fits your needs.

vinnyphx 12-09-2013 06:01 PM

basher/crawler i'd lean more toward the wraith, ridgecrest/deadbold side of things. Decent wheel speed with the climbing capibilities still intact. all available rtr

k7zpj 12-09-2013 08:26 PM

From Axial you have the Wrath, RidgeCrest/Deadbolt and SCX10. All of these have excellent 3rd party parts availability. None of these would be bad choice.

If you want to be a bit different, look at the G-made Sawback kit. It is newly released so there isn't a lot of people with them yet so they will get lots of looks.

That_One_Guy 12-14-2013 01:06 PM

If you want a basher/crawler and waterproof with tons of aftermarket products do yourself a favor and get a Summit. They are solid machines. You can go fast and crawl, also its RTR.

redsawacs 12-14-2013 09:45 PM

I own or have owned all mentioned...traded summit for wraith and haven't looked back

All are great rigs, get the one that looks the coolest to you. You will be able to make it do whatever you want!

Brapindaily 12-15-2013 09:12 AM

Thanks for the help i think im going to go with the axial wraith!"thumbsup"

TrilloThrillo110 12-15-2013 04:39 PM

Personally, I WOULD NOT go for a Wraith.
I've owned one and despite what most people say, I DON'T LIKE THEM.
They're a reasonably good truck except, for $90 you could get a Ridgecrest which have all the stuff a Wraith has and it's lighter.
Also, with the Wraith, I found it a real pain with access, it takes 10 or so screws just to access the reciever where the Ridgecrest takes 4 screws and a few body clips.
The Wraith is also VERY top heavy, I found even on an old Ni-MH battery, full throttle would put it on it's roof despite me having the shocks set up reasonably hard.
Sure, the Wraith might look a bit better but it's not hard to pop on a new body.
Sure, I loved my Wraith but I got to say, I wish I had never sold my Baja Bug!
Anyways, I got a SCX10 JK on it's way :)