Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New. Checking in from Hawaii. Look forward to Crawling and FPV down the line.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New. Checking in from Hawaii. Look forward to Crawling and FPV down the line.

Good day, everyone.

I'm new to the Crawler world, but not to RC. I've been flying fixed wing RC for about two years, FPV for one.

While chasing down ideas for a potential ground based FPV rig, i've stumbled across this website and feel that, much like FPVLab and RCGroups, is a haven for members of this community, and a gold mine of information. I'm happy to have become a member and look forward to many discussions with the fine gentleman of this community.
Pushjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New. Checking in from Hawaii. Look forward to Crawling and FPV down the line.

As stated in the title of this thread, my intentions are eventual ground based FPV. I would like to be able to navigate local parks, trails and beaches. Speed is not of importance, but to be able to overcome most obstacles standing in the way is. After a fair amount of research, I've decided a crawler is best suited for this mission.

As I fly FPV fixed wing, I already own a complete and fairly robust system to use on the ground. I currently run 433mhz control and 5.8ghz video. As of now, I intend to run the 5.8 gear on the ground due to the convenient size of the antennas, despite it's penetration limitations. Perhaps 1.2 in the future for longer range.

I am not yet the proud owner of a crawler. I have only begun to explore this expansive (and expensive) world, and look forward to the wisdom and recommendations of Crawler veterans here as to what platform may make the best ground based FPV rig, while keeping the price somewhat reasonable.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New. Checking in from Hawaii. Look forward to Crawling and FPV down the line.

Welcome to RCC.

How big is your video system? That will help determine the size of the rig required (if it's a system that can go in/on RC planes, I will guess it's small).

Do you plan on comping your rig or just fun runs/video runs?

Are you just looking for a "go anywhere ground rig that can carry the video" or do you want a scale looking rig that happens to be able to do video?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

My FPV system is quite small. Looking at 1/10 scale for the rig. Have my eyes in some Axial models.

Definitely no comp inth future. Just fun, bashing around. A go anywhere type if rig is sorta ideal. But it's hard not to be turned on by some of the scale rigs out there.

Tags
fpv, hawaii, newbie, noob, oahu

New. Checking in from Hawaii. Look forward to Crawling and FPV down the line. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with crawling forward... XxRippedxX Team Losi Comp Crawler 16 01-06-2011 08:29 PM
scale crawling in hawaii part2! christeenz Scale Videos! 8 03-09-2009 02:27 AM
Scale crawling in HAWAII! christeenz Videos! 5 02-18-2009 10:23 PM