Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: redcat rockslide crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #1

Default redcat rockslide crawler

is the rockslide a good crawler or is it a waste of time and money?
corley0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 04:23 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: redcat rockslide crawler

I have 2, one tricked out and one bone stock, they are both fun and worth the money, not comp worthy though, just tons of fun and in my opinion great for beginners and getting your feet wet in crawling.........hope this helps.
VoodooSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by corley0420 View Post
is the rockslide a good crawler or is it a waste of time and money?
Answered your own question with last part of question.
gmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #4
RCC Addict

if you have not crawled before and are curious it is a good way to learn
but they do have their limitations
eventually you will want something better
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

The rock slides aren't a bad way to get into crawling but they are very temperamental and can add up the dollar signs real fast. Starters the servos suck!!!! IDC who you are you can argue till ur blue in the face that they don't but fact is they do. Same with the tires!!!! The stock tires are hard and not very sticky. So once you upgrade your tires I'll bet you that you'll lose the servo pretty quick. Other then these two things (besides goin all out modding them) they aren't that bad of a rig. But I wouldn't plan on it being a rig that will last you as long as say an axial rig can. But then again anything can last you as long as you want depending how hard you are on it. personally I would save up and get a deadbolt for a first crawler. Just my .02 tho.
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
o-o
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboehler04 View Post
Starters the servos suck!!!! IDC who you are you can argue till ur blue in the face that they don't but fact is they do. Same with the tires!!!! The stock tires are hard and not very sticky.
X2 on the servos, lost one the second time running it and lost the other on the third time running it.

The stock tires can have the center treads cut out and run without foam for a big improvement that is basically free.
o-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
www.ottsix.com

deadbolt
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default redcat rockslide crawler

I have three of these rockslide super crawlers one for parts another jus basic upgrades for longer run time for my kids and then there is mine. I have sunk over $1800 Canadian into this unit I have purchased every upgrade available from redcat and yeah that was not cheap Andorra you don't want to keep twisting the spur gear drive shaft all the time one of the best starter upgrades would be to buy the limited slip diff kits as with out those I was stripping and rebuilding the transfer case daily and that's no fun. And then I've added many little custom ad on and some big ones as well. Also got 120 plus hrs into it as I've fully water proofed mine built winter chains and added mega juice in the power department. Yeah the servos are garbage and the tires are not the greatest but for what it is and for a first time round super crawler from redcat I'd say it is a pretty sweet unit I can climb some pretty crazy things around here that the stock one has no chance and it is very solid once you work out the bugs. I this crawler is very nice and would not be getting rid of it anytime soon as it is a beast and solid and with 100turn motors which you can't find anywhere else this thing has mad torque. I can lay my 6,4 teenage son on the ground and drag him. So got the power just no speed. All in all this is one unit that will remain in my collection for years to come. Oh and these thing got serious ground clearance check out my pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by VenomCat; 05-09-2014 at 09:50 AM.
VenomCat is offline   Reply With Quote

redcat rockslide crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Rockslide Super Crawler Rockcrawlergeorge General Crawlers 1 05-07-2014 11:32 AM
Redcat Rockslide RS10 seashell Newbie General 129 12-08-2010 01:53 PM