Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith stock servo horn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

Default Axial Wraith stock servo horn

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to the RC crawler world. Have been reading posts on the forum for a while though and was hoping someone may have come across a problem I've been having.

I have a new poison spyder rtr wraith that I am using for light crawling/ bashing. I'm running everything stock, except the steering links. The servo horn came loose after a couple of battery packs and after I tightened the screw that came loose the first time, its now been happening all the time, to the point where I can only go a couple of minutes without having to tighten it.

If anybody has an idea what the problem might be, I would really appreciate a reply...Thanks in advance!

Nick.
nickschembri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #2

Default Re: Axial Wraith stock servo horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschembri View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to the RC crawler world. Have been reading posts on the forum for a while though and was hoping someone may have come across a problem I've been having.

I have a new poison spyder rtr wraith that I am using for light crawling/ bashing. I'm running everything stock, except the steering links. The servo horn came loose after a couple of battery packs and after I tightened the screw that came loose the first time, its now been happening all the time, to the point where I can only go a couple of minutes without having to tighten it.

If anybody has an idea what the problem might be, I would really appreciate a reply...Thanks in advance!
S
Nick.
I know in the past I've used a drop of blue loctite on the threads of various screws with good success.
NHKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

is the plastic servo horn cracked?a good aluminum servo arm would be an upgrade that would only cost around $10
newbiecrawler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #4

I had the same issue. Some blue locktite should fix it. Also, I just stripped my plastic one (my daughter ran it into a pole), so ordered and am waiting for an aluminum one.
fsSnowboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 AM   #5

Brilliant thanks, an aluminium one is on the way, I will locktite it to make sure its secure
Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Glad you got one already,but i was gonna mention that rpp sells one by racers edge(i think thats it) that has 2 pinchbolts that squeeze the sides of the horn to the teeth on the servo along with the standard center mounting hole.i got one on my wraith and havent had an issue yet,in all honesty i dont put the center screw in because the other 2 clamp so tightly to the servo
gearhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #7

Thanks anyway we're a bit limited here in Malta unfortunately, hobby shops don't keep lots of things in stock and not everyone is willing to ship to the island, most stuff comes off ebay.

Axial Wraith stock servo horn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
alu servo horn for the stock servo (625WP)? dbuus Vaterra Twin Hammers 1 07-09-2013 01:52 PM
Wraith stock servo horn question raceeng18 Axial Wraith 4 02-26-2012 01:48 PM
Will this servo horn work for my wraith? davidq19 Electronics 2 01-06-2012 02:12 PM