Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Am I going to be bummed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Am I going to be bummed?

Hey guys and girls. Question for you...I have been out of the hobby for a bit, and have recently pulled my Scorpion out of the closet and ran a couple of packs through her. Still crawls with the best of them. Well I recently picked up a used Wraith from the for sale section, and it is on the way. My question is since I am used to my comp crawler am I going to be frustrated with a more scale type of truck?
I have gone through a ton of video, and build threads and I do know that they can be very competitive trucks (not so much out of the box) I am just hoping that I don't lose interest again and shelf the new rig as well.
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Am I going to be bummed?

It all depends on what you are wanting to do with your rig. The wraith's AR60 axles are pretty beefy and give a wide track. They are pretty fun rigs all around. You can do just about anything with the wraith platform. Go fast, crawl etc. what made you put your ax up?
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Mostly a crawler guy, but as I have been watching Benders Wraith build some of the bashing stuff looks pretty fun. Been trying to decide between brushed and brush-less. Cost is not really the deciding factor. As mainly a crawler guy I have been leaning toward brushed, but a little more punch looks pretty fun. I guess I will have to see once I get it and start playing.
I can't say with certainty why I stopped running the Ax...If I had kept at it I am sure I would be a better driver, and have a better idea how the Wraith would perform.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The Wraith fills that void between comp and scale crawlers IMO. I don't think you'll be bored with it. It's also very dependent on how YOU set it up. Many guys have them setup to perform very well in a slow crawl competition setting, others have them setup for full on rock racing, some have them set up for trail running, and many just have them set up for simple bashing.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

If you are not doing anything Saturday you should bring the AX10 to the comp in Folsom. Hope to see you there.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well after a long trek around the state my Wraith made it to me. I think it would have made it faster if I drove it from Texas...thanks UPS.

I can say I am not disappointed. The rig is something else. I think it will crawl circles around my Scorpion.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'm glad you like the wraith as she sits. I am going to plug the wraith as an extremely capable rig with a few inexpensive changes. I won our 2.2 trail class last year (running against some sportsman rigs) with a wraith I built as light weight as possible. The only real upgrades were the motor (HH torquemaster) and some vanquish knuckles with RCbros weights. I did run some comp tires to hang with the shafty's but then switched to proline 2.2 swampers (the originals) and they do almost as good. I used hand made links (delrin) and some traxxas big bore shocks, but most of those things could be substituted with the stock or inexpensive items. The keys for me were tires, light weight, and low CG.

dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote

Am I going to be bummed? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A little bummed sub-zero General Crawlers 0 04-07-2009 10:25 PM
bummed out Eazy General Crawlers 9 09-02-2006 07:14 PM
I am so bummed!! FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 26 07-12-2006 01:15 PM