Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Yeti 2 speed trans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #1

Default Yeti 2 speed trans

Ok I'm a newb at rc crawling and axial products. The Ole lady and I did xmas early cause we have so many things going on with both of our families around the holidays. So she bought me a axial yeti rtr and a onyx 3s 35c 5000mah batt also so other non rc related things. So anyway I've been playing with it since Friday. I love it. I have a bunch of rcs. Like emaxx, b44.1,ecx torment 4wd, b3, electric 4tec and rc18t to name a few. But I'm wanting to put the hi low trans in my yeti as I've already ordered a few hop ups. What do I need for this conversion. I already have a nice 3 channel radio and receiver laying around. Thanks IN Advanced
95yjsahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Yeti 2 speed trans

You need the kit from axial that has not been released yet. You will also need another servo to operate it.
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

The 2 speed parts haven't been released to the general population yet. The rtr will accept these parts once released. Until then, just gear your standard setup down with a smaller pinion to keep the esc from thermalling on you. Even the kit version only has the high gear included according to the axial website. We are all waiting on the low gear parts release.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #4

Got it. Well dang I'll prob just keep the gearing I have until they do release the kit. Also just wondering what everyone is doing about the front diff. I don't wanna lock it but I would like it to be more like an lsd. What oil would you suggest me putting in it to help with performance. Sorry for all the questions just a newb at this scale scene. Nothing like my real crawler rig. Lol
95yjsahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Yeti 2 speed trans - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a Wraith up to Yeti-speed wouterb Axial Wraith 12 11-30-2014 06:36 PM
Yeti trans vs scx10 trans( size diffrence) Androtaz Axial Yeti 0 11-24-2014 11:05 PM