Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: rock bouncer build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #1

Default rock bouncer build

I couldn't be any more new to this if I tried to bear with me.
I wan to build a rock bouncer style RC. I do a ton of SxS wheeling and go to many of the SRRS events to watch the bouncers. I have huge passion for the east cost style terrain (mud,rocks,hills,roots) I can build the chassis but I need to know what to put in it. I want strong, reliable and a close to waterproof as I can get. I want to be able to crawl if needed and the go WOT up a hill without it breaking. Im am going to abuse this thing. So give me some guidance on everything. I want to keep this less than $800. My brother bought an Axial Wraith Spawn and I had a blast with it but just like anything else, its bought, not built and I know it could be waayyy better and more fun. Ive been reading and reading but I cant find the detail im looking for.
CaptinaCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default rock bouncer build

I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to answer the question phrased as is, particularly because there's an obvious answer (buy a Wraith kit instead of RTR and build/mod it to your liking) that you've either not considered or don't like for some reason that you haven't mentioned. Here's what I'd suggest:
1. Watch YouTube videos of different vehicles and styles to see what you like
2. Come up with a short list of vehicles/platforms that appeal to you
3. Search in the threads to find out what mods people recommend for that specific platform
4. Repost the question seeking specific input about the platforms on your short list

I think that will be much more likely to attract useful input from this crowd. Good luck!

Last edited by new2rocks; 12-29-2014 at 09:41 PM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: rock bouncer build

Very simple, build your chassis. Build some wraith axles, scx trans, stainless links, 1/8 scale electronics and whatever other fancy parts your after. The wraith section and 2.2 scale section are full of amazing replica bouncers and builds just check em out.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote

rock bouncer build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eleanor Rock Bouncer build up mcrawlinslow 2.2 Scale Rigs 19 11-18-2014 01:27 AM
My next rock bouncer ProJunk 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 05-16-2014 11:03 AM
1r3lands game changer rock bouncer build 1r3land 2.2 Scale Rigs 19 04-22-2014 03:29 PM
Want to build a wraith rock bouncer skift Axial Wraith 21 02-04-2014 11:38 PM
project Night Fury-a rock bouncer build. warren 1.9 Scale Rigs 63 08-08-2013 03:30 PM