RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   Best Crawler to buy out of box (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/523456-best-crawler-buy-out-box.html)

JJudd 01-24-2015 08:38 AM

Best Crawler to buy out of box

I have a losi night crawler looking to buy another one better don't know which one would be the best. I like the scalers cause they look like a real vehicle. Give me your advice. Thanks

bryco13 01-24-2015 08:48 AM

Re: Best Crawler to buy out of box

There are a few other things that would have to be known to make it an easier decision, depending on your budget, you may need to change your options. There are some very realistic kits out there, and there are also some kits that will climb like crazy, that you'll need to put some work into to make more scale in appearance. Most of the big companies you can't go wrong, and with all the aftwarket support for them, your better off buying the one you like the looks of, and upgrading and adjusting to make your own. Good luck!

JJudd 01-24-2015 08:52 AM

Thanks. Yeah just didn't want to get something that doesn't have a lot of option in parts accessories out there. Got a friend that has one can't remember which one he has but very little of stuff to buy for it. Just trying to see which would be the best before I buy one. I was going to look at a couple of stores today to maybe purchase one. Thanks appreciate it.

Phins Fan 01-24-2015 10:37 AM

I would say your most supported company is Axial followed by RC4WD. They have the most support out of most manufacturers for the scale crowd. Any SCX is well supported and a proven performer out the box. I can't say I care for the stock electronics of most the kits but I also run a different radio system and typically upgrade the electronics for more power anyways.

Stock out the box:

Axial G6
Axial Wraith

3sgte 01-24-2015 10:57 AM

the axial wraith kit, is also very good out of the box but is not purpose built crawler. you can make it a dedicated crawler from the start if you would like.

KBrog 01-24-2015 11:01 AM

Best out of the box would be a Losi Comp Crawler. But you probably won't find one anymore. Does anyone other than Axial, RC4WD, make crawlers anymore?

Lentsnh2012 01-24-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBrog (Post 5124214)
Best out of the box would be a Losi Comp Crawler. But you probably won't find one anymore. Does anyone other than Axial, RC4WD, make crawlers anymore?

Vaterra

JJudd 01-24-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phins Fan (Post 5124198)
I would say your most supported company is Axial followed by RC4WD. They have the most support out of most manufacturers for the scale crowd. Any SCX is well supported and a proven performer out the box. I can't say I care for the stock electronics of most the kits but I also run a different radio system and typically upgrade the electronics for more power anyways.

Stock out the box:

Axial G6
Axial Wraith

Thanks for all the input. I am looking really hard at the scx10. Like it alot. Thanks for the input

yotapower07 01-24-2015 07:03 PM

Best bang for the buck right now is the scx10 deadbolt

JJudd 01-24-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotapower07 (Post 5124591)
Best bang for the buck right now is the scx10 deadbolt

Well I was looking at those. What's the difference between the green one and the orange one? Or are they any different? I was just thinking it was the bodies but not sure.

racinfast002 01-24-2015 09:46 PM

I feel like my scx10 is very capable. Added a bec and deans plug so I can run my 3s lipos and it's pretty dang fun. Pretty sure the motor is the weak link in the setup but still going strong so far.

JJudd 01-25-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racinfast002 (Post 5124726)
I feel like my scx10 is very capable. Added a bec and deans plug so I can run my 3s lipos and it's pretty dang fun. Pretty sure the motor is the weak link in the setup but still going strong so far.

Which one of the scx10 did you buy? Can you post pics of it thanks

StomperCrawler 01-25-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJudd (Post 5124707)
Well I was looking at those. What's the difference between the green one and the orange one? Or are they any different? I was just thinking it was the bodies but not sure.

Green Scx10 is what you want; the orange is ax10.

Oh and check out the link below in my sig for some more information on it.

JJudd 01-25-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StomperCrawler (Post 5124928)
Green Scx10 is what you want; the orange is ax10.

Oh and check out the link below in my sig for some more information on it.

Won't let me check the link out. I copied and paste but still wont let me see it.

Duuuuuuuude 01-25-2015 12:03 PM

Ascender! Loved it so much I ditched my built scx10.

SPLATT 01-25-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 5125130)
Ascender! Loved it so much I ditched my built scx10.

While I agree but the lack of aftermarket support at the moment would have me looking at the Axial SCX10.

Duuuuuuuude 01-25-2015 12:52 PM

What aftermarket parts would you want? Apart from the fragile pinion gears ($11 for the hardened set) its a solid rig.

jdmguy760 01-25-2015 01:18 PM

X2 duuuuuude I love my ascender has all you want and horizon hobbies is awesome with customer support I also ditched my scx as I favored this way more

MTSCX10 01-25-2015 06:15 PM

Awesome scx10 rock solid bone stock n parts r easy to find

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Duuuuuuuude 01-25-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTSCX10 (Post 5125452)
Awesome scx10 rock solid bone stock

Having owned one, I would disagree. There are a whole box full of parts a stock scx10 would need to be "rock solid". Never mind the crappy steering and suspension...