Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Exceed maxstone 10 axial 27t motor upgrade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Exceed maxstone 10 axial 27t motor upgrade?

Has anyone here done this I am curious as to how my sons truck would hold up with the old motor out of my deadbolt now that I have upgraded it. His truck is stock aside from free mods I've done it to make it more scaler like for him. He has had the truck for 2 yrs and only ever broke 1 part and that was a rear axle shaft. I believe it is running a no name 70t motor that came stock in it and it will be ran on 2s lipo. I just don't want to put the axial motor in and have it start tearing up the drive train from the extra power. Thanks for any and all info
cerpindicular is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Exceed maxstone 10 axial 27t motor upgrade?

nothing??? no one has info on this? I"ve found threads where people have done it but no on seems to think its important to mention how the truck held up after they did it
Old 02-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

as long as you are staying with a brushed motor I don't think that it will make that big of a difference ....I believe that the maxstone 10 stock motor is closer to a 35 t motor ,,,, anything that is going to break from the 27taxiel motor was more than likely going to break anyway ,,,
have you replaced the plastic diff gears yet that is the thing most likely to strip out after any upgrade in my opinion.....
after you start upgrading the maxstone 10 things will need to be upgraded on a regular basis un till you have went top to bottom depending on your driving style and how hard you are on it ,,,,if you take care of it.... it will last ..I have had mine for since 2013 and right now it is mostly aftermarket and axial parts it is my favorite rc that I own but little is left of the original maxstone.
so answer your question .....I think it will be fine if you are not to hard on it.
MONKEYPIARATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

hmmmm everything i have read has said its a 70 turn...i know its freaking slow on 2s. Only mods we have done were cut the tires, mod the skid move links to eliminate torque twist wraith shocks to brink it down (helped a toooooon with torque twist) and a servo saver servo horn from my axial parts when he broke his servo horn. Think I changed his pinion to a 17 to. Just trying to get a little more speed out of it for running down the trail
Old 02-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

to get rid of the torque twist completely ,,what I did was put the stiffest springs on the back with 2 thick preload spacers and I put the softest springs on front with no preloads so it would have great articulation on front
MONKEYPIARATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

doesn't really get rid of it that way my way theres no tt at all anymore and nice soft suspension all the way around
i have pictures somewhere of everything i've done to it so far works tons better now

Exceed maxstone 10 axial 27t motor upgrade? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exceed maxstone...? maistiododge Newbie General 7 04-02-2016 02:22 AM
Exceed maxstone 16 DENNO General Crawlers 7 09-10-2014 07:23 PM
Exceed Maxstone 8 saddlehorse General Crawlers 12 03-03-2013 06:11 PM
my new exceed maxstone 10 davidyack Newbie General 5 06-24-2012 11:48 PM